Why become a member? ×

FS/FT: MTD 435 USA [1120 £]

bassbaze

I sell a wonderful MTD 435 bass guitar. Body is Korina, neck is full wenge. Color is a rare pink salmon (very funky !).
The bass is killer. It sings. Nice round tones. Great mids, solid feel. The wenge board is nice too. It is a 1995 (# 149) model without Buzz Feiten tuning system. It is in excellent condition. I live in Paris but i can send the bass everywhere ! Paypal is Ok !
Price is around 1350 £.

Best regards from Paris !

Yves.

Some pictures :

Sorry, the bass is dirty. I take the pictures just after a gig... Now it's clean !

Edited by bassbaze

We are used to highly figured tops for MTD bass... I am not very fond of that pink salmon color too but i don't care. The most important thing is the sound. And it is the greatest sounding bass i've owned. Unfortunaly, i am unemployed and i need some money...
Anyway, it is not a big job to respray !

Now on ebay...

Here are some specs :

1995 MTD 435 made in USA. Specifications are :

*Korinba body (300 $ supply)
*Wengé neck with wengé fingerboard (300 $ supply) and zero fret and hipshot tuners
*35” scale with 24 frets (200 $ supply)
*Rare Pink salmon finish (400 $ supply)
*Dedicated Bartolini pickups with Bartolini electronic (volume, balance, bass, medium and treble with a three way switch to choose medium frequency). Quiet dead !
*No issues, dings, etc etc...

It corresponds to a 5000 $ value in new condition !

Here is a description of the wood choice from MTD website :

“A wenge neck and board add compression and focus to the speaking voice of the bass. The bodies and necks are ergonomically carved to allow comfortable access to the extended scale bass. The pickups and active electronics are a proprietary design for MTD made by Bill Bartolini. The controls are: master volume and a pan pot, treble, mid, bass cut and boost, with center click (from neck to bridge). The three position switch selects the mid range cut and boost point. Down is lower mids, center is middle and up is upper mids. When the mid pot is at center click, the switch has minimal effect. This EQ has 2 batteries and is a +/- 9 volt system.

* There is great variety in the settings of the EQ. The basses can be made to sound very traditional by cutting the mids all the way at 1000 (switch in top position), and boosting the bass and treble to 10 with the blend pot at center. This offers a great slap tone. Boosting the mids at 250 ( switch in lower position), with bass at 10 and treble at 9-10 with the blend pot on the bridge pick up gives the early Bartolini TCT tone. This offers a very percussive finger tone. These are just suggestions. The tone will vary depending on the rig and technique used.”

Paypal accepted !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some new pics :

The étrue" color corresponds to the last two pics.

1120 £ is a great price for such high end quality bass. Top condition. No issues. Neck is perfect ! No buzz. Open to trades !

Edited by bassbaze

• 1 year later...