Why become a member? ×

Vintage modified jazz bass

Ghost Rider

Vintage modified jazz bass for sale or possible trade.

Not in a great rush to sell this but thought I’d test the market!!!

Only reason I am selling is that I prefer my geddy lee custom build.

It has only ever been played at home & transported to my mates (cd_david to fit the bridge & set the bass up) in a hardcase.

I bought this new from soundslive newcastle18 months ago, upgrades to the bass are:

Headstock has a fender decal & it has also been lacquered & been professionally put on by Dave Wilson.

It is also has fitted with a Badass II bridge (Done by cd_david), retro style knobs & a white fender 3 ply scratchplate.

I spent over £100 on the upgrades so I’d like £230 for the bass.

I do have the original bridge & chrome knobs for the volume & tone but I don’t have the original scratchplate as that is on my custom built jazz bass.

No case with this as my geddy is tucked up in it !

Bass is in whitely bay, Seaton Delaval, Tyne & wear & it is pick up only & cash on collection.

Any questions fire away!

I maybe open to trades so fire away!!!

Cheers, Anth.

Some pics are with flash & some without.

Edited by Ghost Rider

[quote name='Ghost Rider' post='503251' date='Jun 1 2009, 08:13 PM']Well what ya got ???[/quote]

Of what I need to shift I've got a Yamaha RBX270 with pickup mod (SD BassLines 1/4 pounder Jazz) 4-string, 24 frets, natural finish...and a Traben Array 5-string LTD edition I bought for £420 and never played more than 4 hours.
I don't know what you play though so I can't think of a good match.
Worth a shot.

Edited by Kongo

[quote name='Kongo' post='503269' date='Jun 1 2009, 08:30 PM']Of what I need to shift I've got a Yamaha RBX270 with pickup mod (SD BassLines 1/4 pounder Jazz) 4-string, 24 frets, natural finish...and a Traben Array 5-string LTD edition I bought for £420 and never played more than 4 hours.
I don't know what you play though so I can't think of a good match.
Worth a shot.[/quote]

Hi mate & thanks for the offers.

I’m not really keen on the Yamaha & I can just about knock a tune up on 4 strings so the 5 string is out unless it comes with a magic wand & some ear plugs for me wife!

Cheers

Anth.

[quote name='Ghost Rider' post='503276' date='Jun 1 2009, 08:36 PM']Hi mate & thanks for the offers.

I’m not really keen on the Yamaha & I can just about knock a tune up on 4 strings so the 5 string is out unless it comes with a magic wand & some ear plugs for me wife!

Cheers

Anth.[/quote]

No problemo, worth a shot. :)

[quote name='cd_david' post='503583' date='Jun 2 2009, 10:26 AM']Can confirm this is a lovely bass, plays and sounds great, Anth is a bit of a knob though! LOL :) Just joking he IS a great bloke[/quote]

Cheers for that Dave !

Incase of any confusion this is a Squier vintage modified jazz bass.

[quote name='LeoFender' post='505855' date='Jun 4 2009, 09:37 PM']What are you interested in for a trade?
:rolleyes:[/quote]

I will listen to any trade & do a cash adjustment either way as long as it has no more than 4 strings, I'd prefer a maple neck but I am open to all offers so fire away !
I can only say no if its not my bag :)

[quote name='Ghost Rider' post='506725' date='Jun 5 2009, 11:38 PM']I have a mate that maybe going near reading at the end of the month.[/quote]

Probably around last week in June I will be going to Oxford area so could meet up.

Dave

hey,

i PMd you about an OLP, you said you might be interested and asked for pictures.

heres a couple of pictures for you.

[attachment=27035:olp_006.JPG]

[attachment=27034:olp_002.JPG]

[attachment=27036:olp_008.JPG]

you said about pickup only, i'm quite a way away from you, would you be willing to post, or if not meet half way?

[quote name='Tait' post='513453' date='Jun 14 2009, 05:47 PM']hey,

i PMd you about an OLP, you said you might be interested and asked for pictures.

you said about pickup only, i'm quite a way away from you, would you be willing to post, or if not meet half way?[/quote]

PM'd :)

[quote name='Tait' post='513453' date='Jun 14 2009, 05:47 PM']hey,

you said about pickup only, i'm quite a way away from you, would you be willing to post, or if not meet half way?[/quote]

Hi mate, I have just sent you a message about your OLP.

Cheers

Anth :)