Why become a member? ×

Alesis Sr16

Geek99

Hi, I just got one of these and I am confused about one aspect.

The standard "number of beats" shown when programming is 8, even though I've set the quantize to whole notes/crotchets. The metronome clicks loud on beat 1 and not again on 5, suggesting each beat shown is an eighth note/quaver

However it sounds, given the tempo, as if its counting out two bars and you, by default, program a two bar phrase for a pattern.

can anyone advise?

Hi. Hope I can help as I use this drum machine regularly.

You can change the number of beats in the sequence from 8 to 4 very easily.

You need to go into the edit section (where you've already changed the quantize). If you continue to scroll through the menu it gives you the option of number of beats in the bar. Just change it to four and remember to save.

Sorry I can't be more specific than this as I'm trying to recall from memory as I don't have the unit or manual to hand. It's very easy to do though.

Good Luck

David

[quote name='DDBass' post='504108' date='Jun 2 2009, 07:17 PM']Hi. Hope I can help as I use this drum machine regularly.

You can change the number of beats in the sequence from 8 to 4 very easily.

You need to go into the edit section (where you've already changed the quantize). If you continue to scroll through the menu it gives you the option of number of beats in the bar. Just change it to four and remember to save.

Sorry I can't be more specific than this as I'm trying to recall from memory as I don't have the unit or manual to hand. It's very easy to do though.

Good Luck

David[/quote]
Thanks - I figured out my original problem from reading some generic drum machine stuff in ed
friedlands 'bass grooves' but I couldn't work out /how/ to save changes - you press the PLAY button
bizarrely.!

It just seems wierd that the metronome click happens at the start of a multibar pattern
not the start of each bar!