Why become a member? ×

Kinal MK-5. Handmade Custom fretted 5.

eubassix

Kinal MK-5: Mike Kinal (Canada) five string with a beautiful quilt maple top in an amber stain. Matching head stock (quilt/amber) with a very nice birds-eye maple cap to the rear. Alder body core. Ebony fingerboard on maple + five-piece neck with graphite reinforcement. 2 Aero jazz pickups with Bartolini preamp, 3EQ and 3-way midrange selector switch. Scale length is 35", 1&11/16" nut. String spacing is 9mm at the nut and 17mm at the bridge. Weight is 8 & 3/4 lbs.
Great condition - the only significant 'ding' (no effect on playing) is a small (.5cm) to the side (only) of the ebony board, between frets 1 and 2 (below the G-string). This is one of the best constructed, 'all-purpose' basses I've ever played. Slaps well, is punchy for rock and can also produce more mellow tones
It comes with a high-quality gig-bag

£1100

.. also offered as a pair of fretted+fretless Kinal 5's :-

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=44158&st=0&gopid=501911&#entry501911"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...mp;#entry501911[/url]

Edited by eubassix

Hey David. Good to see you again.

Nice bass(es)! Shame I'm Left Handed :)

Joined the forum as you suggested, and put my Lefty '84 Wal Custom up for folks to have a look at - check out the 'Left Handed Wal...' link below (somewhere...). You may care to show it to your American friend. Got more pix if you want 'em.

Good luck selling these two beauties.

Andy K.

[quote name='leftybassman392' post='501944' date='May 30 2009, 10:24 PM']Hey David. Good to see you again.

Nice bass(es)! Shame I'm Left Handed :)

Joined the forum as you suggested, and put my Lefty '84 Wal Custom up for folks to have a look at - check out the 'Left Handed Wal...' link below (somewhere...). You may care to show it to your American friend. Got more pix if you want 'em.

Good luck selling these two beauties.

Andy K.[/quote]

Thanks Andy ... pleased you found it!!
Did you manage to source the PJB as yet?
I'll make further enquiries and send links re. the Wal - you might also want to try the US Forums I mentioned.
There is (or was) a Wal specific Forum (Steve Chesney? .. also a LH'er) which I'll post here (if I can find it) or send to you via PM (check New Messages on the TRHC of the BassChat page)

[quote name='eubassix' post='502883' date='Jun 1 2009, 12:29 PM']Thanks Andy ... pleased you found it!!
Did you manage to source the PJB as yet?
I'll make further enquiries and send links re. the Wal - you might also want to try the US Forums I mentioned.
There is (or was) a Wal specific Forum (Steve Chesney? .. also a LH'er) which I'll post here (if I can find it) or send to you via PM (check New Messages on the TRHC of the BassChat page)[/quote]

Got a pristine Suitcase + cab here that had been listed months. Steal at £700 and can't think why nobody bought it already. I may now have a single Briefcase for sale!!

On the Wal, I spoke to Martin Petersen at The Bass Gallery, and he's agreed to list it as a commission sale - more soon.

I'll be watching how your sale goes with great interest - what fabulous examples of the bass luthier's art!

Thanks for the bump / ++ comments Andy .. and delighted to hear you're now sorted on both items.

Kinal(s) now on ebay, with a week to run:-

[

Edited by eubassix

[quote name='eubassix' post='510863' date='Jun 11 2009, 08:39 AM']I have a very attractive trade/££ deal pending (close) on this, so it's effectively on-hold.[/quote]

Noted... I will cast the net again :)

• 4 weeks later...

PM'd (Monz)

... thought it a good idea to bump this (and other Kinal) to guage any further interest: I do have offer(s) pending but have been awaiting conclusion for quite a while....

• 2 weeks later...