Why become a member? ×

24 hours away from perfection?

Today i picked up the darkstar from the post office, Tommorow i make the very long round trip up to Blackpool to pick up the Trace V4.

Darkstar'ed semi hollow body with flats, through a Valve amp....just thought i would share that with you as its giving me warm glow inside :)

After a plesant trip over the cobbles of the M6 the V4 is back in oxfordshire. A big thank you to steve for making me welcome, next time your down south can you give me a hand getting it out of the car :lol:

The hardest thing is what to do first, finish routing my bass for the Darkstar or fix the V4..... :) I's a tough one :brow: :rolleyes:

Well things are looking up, this morning i routed the body for the Dark Star and after a trip to Cotswold wildlife park Installed it this evening.

The V4 side of the equation is not quite there After a long chat with EMS i found the components i need, the down side is they think i may need new power valves

A few pics, I am rather pleased so far, not had a chance to give it a proper airing but sounds immense through my headphone rig.

[quote name='steve-norris' post='501878' date='May 30 2009, 08:08 PM']Well things are looking up, this morning i routed the body for the Dark Star and after a trip to Cotswold wildlife park Installed it this evening.[/quote]

Routed the body........wildlife park........ install the pickups? :wacko: did you need weasel grease to ease them into the body? :)

[quote name='Hamster' post='501883' date='May 30 2009, 08:16 PM']Routed the body........wildlife park........ install the pickups? :wacko: did you need weasel grease to ease them into the body? :)[/quote]

Well i have a new house, new Son so things kinda have to fit in where they can, all good stuff though. Hopefully by the time he's shaving i may get to play the thing.

Edited by steve-norris