Why become a member? ×

Another frenchy on the forum !

Dams

Hi everybody !

My name is Damien, I'm a 42 years-old rockin' daddy from France.
I'm an Iron Maiden fan, and I really enjoy 80's heavy-metal and hard-rock. But I listen all kinds of metal and rock music, mainly folk-metal and 70's rock .

Many many years ago, I played bass in some bands (punk, heavy-metal, black-metal, and at the end in a rock band).
And I stopped playing for more than 20 long years (studies, jobs, wife, children ... some of you certainly know ...).
Now I'm in a music-school, and I'm playing in a band with 2 friends (drums + guitar). We're playing some covers (ZZ Top, AC/DC, Doors, ...) and some songs of our own. We're at the moment looking for a singer.

In addition to my love for my wife and two sons, and my bass playing addiction, I spend my time mountain-biking, having beer and tasting cigars :)

I play Cort basses : a cheap Cort ActionBass with flatwound strings, that sounds vintage, warm and mellow, and a Cort C4H, with half-round strings, that sounds dark, heavy, and powerful.
I own an old Kustom II SC 100 watts combo (from 1979), and I often use a Hartke A100.

My GAS list : Stingray HH black/maple, and a 300 watts combo (Marshall, Hartke, Ashdown,... ?).

Like some of the french members of Basschat, I spend my days on the Onlybass french forum !

Well ... you know everything :rolleyes:

[quote name='Dams' post='493083' date='May 20 2009, 09:59 AM']A côté de Limoges (87).

I forgot to specify that I live near Limoges, in the center of France ![/quote]

J'habite en Creuse (23) Hi, and welcome. Seems we play the same music at the moment.

Keith