Why become a member? ×

Anyone using a Cioks DC7 with a 30V Rusty Box?

thumbo

There's always one awkward pedal isn't there!

Before buying a new power supply, I'm trying to figure out if I can use an older 30V Rusty Box with a Cioks DC7, and if so, how I'd hook it up. Anyone have experience of this? 

The Rusty Box manual says... “If using an aftermarket AC Adapter, please be sure that it delivers between 24VDC and 40VDC with a minimum current rating of 100mA. The barrel connector plug coming from the AC Adapter must be center positive.”

The barrel connector also isn't the standard size, it looks as though it's 5.5/2.5mm. 

Email Cioks with the Rusty Box specs and they'll tell you. They ought to be able to tell you what cable you need as well.

The DC7 does have an aux output at 24VDC with enough current - but that voltage is the minimum the Rusty Box needs. Does it work better at a higher voltage?

I think you may be able to use a CIOKS Stack Flex 4022 (the white / green, centre positive, 2.5mm version) in two 15v outlets: https://cioks.com/accessories/special-flex-cables/stack-flex/

I've found CIOKS to be extremely responsive with questions so maybe check this with them rather than take a chance at frying your pedal.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, admiralchew said:

I think you may be able to use a CIOKS Stack Flex 4022 (the white / green, centre positive, 2.5mm version) in two 15v outlets: https://cioks.com/accessories/special-flex-cables/stack-flex/

I've found CIOKS to be extremely responsive with questions so maybe check this with them rather than take a chance at frying your pedal.

That looks like it'll be just the ticket, thanks! I somehow completely missed that when scrolling through the accessories.

• Like 1