Why become a member? ×

NAD - Too good a bargain to pass up

I always like my home practice amp to be similar to my main gigging rig. When I used Orange amplification, I had the Orange practice amp, same with Ampeg. Last year, I moved to Blackstar. I've long sold my Orange practice amp and the plan was always to get the Blackstar practice amp when I sold the Ampeg. Despite listing on here (& elsewhere), practice amps don't exactly sell like hot cakes. I'd considered getting a 0% finance deal on the Blackstar when the time comes but one popped up recently in immaculate condition for £120. When he lowered the price to £100 as he was moving and I saw he was just up the road, I thought it was now or never. 

IMG_9591.jpg.ec0b3015c11975546d57b634fe155e54.jpg

Plugging it in, it doesn't even feel like an ex-display model, nevermind a second hand bargain. The seller said he'd only used it half a dozen times, having bought it from PMT just a few months back. Knowing the Blackstar sound, it took me just a few tweaks to find my sound at a sensible home volume.

IMG_9588.jpg.d0fddfb3d312205423825f9e53122c54.jpg

My niggles are that the control panel is on the top so I have to stand up to tweak it (is that a first world problem?) and the MP3 jack socket is on the back of the amp, but that's a great price to pay for such a cool looking frontage. Other than that, I can't really fault it. 

And I don't expect a sale from this thread but as Basschat rules state that if you mention kit you have for sale, the link should be posted, https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/473415-ampeg-ba108-practice-amp-now-£75/

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

Nice one Tim, and nice Ampeg that you’re selling too

Thanks. We're both of that era where bass practice amps used to be terrible and they all sound pretty good to me these days. That Orange one I had was great too.