Why become a member? ×

Warwick gnome cabs

Nos

I’ve read a lot of reviews about the Warwick Gnome amps but there doesn’t appear to be much on their cabinets.

Has anyone had any experience with the cabinets as I’m think about the 2x8 or 2x10 4ohm with the gnome head as I want something smaller (and more forgiving on my back) than my 30year old TE combo?

I'm sure I've seen someone here who bought the 2x8. Your problem with something like the Gnome is that with 130W into 8 ohms you need a decently sensitive speaker and small speakers tendto be lower efficiency than larger ones. Unless you are looking at the more 'grown up' Gnomes with a bit more power.

It all depends upon your use though. My Gnome gives me enough to act as a monitor with a fairly ordinary 1x10 but we have eDrums so on-stage sound levels aren't too bad.

Have you already bought the Gnome or is it something you are still considering?

Something I'm considering.

There's loads of reviews on the TC electronics BC208 (which is cheaper) and they're generally really positive but was thinking the 2x10 which is 4ohm might allow more headroom. I was probably thinking of going for the 300W gnome head so pairing it with the same cabs might be a good choice (not based on anything more scientific than hoping that Warwick might have considered this). I've also seem a reasonably priced TE Elf set up but it's quite a bit more and lots of comments of noisy fans....

Posted (edited)

Useful to know that they still sound good though.

Looked at the Trace Elliot elf reviews but without an extension cab the 2x8 will be 130W as it’s an 8ohm cab

Edited by Nos