Why become a member? ×

Microphone stand magic trick...

Well not quite a magic trick, but it's taken me thirty years of playing in bands to realise that if you have to put a mic stand slightly to the side, it should always go on the right (if you're standing behind it) because that way gravity will tighten rather than loosen the thread on the mic clip...

• Like 2

The other thing I’ve found is that if it has the three foldable legs position it in front of you as in the Y shape. Then if someone comes flying forwards into it it goes to either the left or the right due to the leg that’s pointing at you.  Whereas if you position it like an upside down Y it hits you straight in the face.

• Like 5

On 29/04/2024 at 13:38, Lozz196 said:

The other thing I’ve found is that if it has the three foldable legs position it in front of you as in the Y shape. Then if someone comes flying forwards into it it goes to either the left or the right due to the leg that’s pointing at you.  Whereas if you position it like an upside down Y it hits you straight in the face.

What a great idea. I do that anyway but not for that reason

You learn something new everyday