Why become a member? ×

DIY walk up performer stand. Design input and suggestions please!

Thanks. The Lakland HB30 hollowbody is my No. 1 bass. I've had it for 7 years and nothing has come remotely close to replacing it. It will be with me until I stop playing bass. No.2 bass is a G&L Fallout. Heavy thing, and I'd all but stopped playing it because of my neck and arm problems. The bass stand has re-introduced the G&L to me - I can now play the G&L and appreciate it for its own charms. Wider, deeper neck than the Lakland, and more difficult to get the action as low as I like. Altogether a more physical instrument to play. 

• Like 1

On 28/04/2024 at 10:05, chris_b said:

The great thing about these stands . . . . you don't have to worry about the weight of the bass!!! You can buy any bass you want!

Yes! As I've just posted, I've been playing my No.2 bass which is a G&L Fallout since I made the stand. The G&L is a bit of a beast, and I'd all but stopped playing it. I've now re-introduced myself to it and can appreciate it for the sort of bass it is, rather than moan about it because of its weight.

• Like 1