Why become a member? ×

Markbass LittleMark Blackline versus Nano.

JimChjones

Does anyone know how the Markbass Nano and Littlemark blackline compare tone wise? I have a Blackline 250 which I'm happy with tone wise, but have a need for one of the micro/nano amps. Trouble is noone round me seems to stock any, and having carefully picked the Blackline for tone I wonder if the Nano would be similar. I don't use the filters, VPE etc on the Blackline, just std tone controls.

Jim C

I've never used a Blackline 250, but I've used Markbass in general since the release of the LM2, including the LM800, F1, LM3, Nano 300 and Nano 2. I don't use the filters either, and mostly leave the EQ with everything pointing upwards at 12-noon. All I can really offer is that the Nanos are capable, convenient and subjectively sound "like a Markbass" to me.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Most Markbass amplifiers have a similar tone by virtue of a common preamplifier. The LM250 is unusual in that it is now the only class AB amplifier offered by Markbass. Some players state that they can hear a difference between the Markbass class AB and class D amplifiers. If you need a physically smaller amp then the Nano will probably be so similar you won't really notice a difference without comparing side by side.

• Thanks 1

On 04/04/2024 at 13:16, JimChjones said:

Does anyone know how the Markbass Nano and Littlemark blackline compare tone wise? I have a Blackline 250 which I'm happy with tone wise, but have a need for one of the micro/nano amps. Trouble is noone round me seems to stock any, and having carefully picked the Blackline for tone I wonder if the Nano would be similar. I don't use the filters, VPE etc on the Blackline, just std tone controls.

Jim C

I used to have either. Both of them sound a little bit warm what I suppose is a typical Markbass sound. Both of them will have that proprietary class D power amplifier of Marco's, which makes them sound this way, as far as I know.

The LM250 was a bit of overkill for me since I didn't use VLE nor VPF, so I just replaced it with a Nano II. 

• Thanks 1