Why become a member? ×

Ashdown RM 500-EVO II 500w Bass Combo, replace speakers

Dear friends,

I burnt both 10 " bass speakers in my ashdown combo. Too much input.   Which reliable and cheap replacement speaker should/could  i equipp my combo with? 

Thank you

Damien

Cheap cabs or broken combos come up facebook, reverb, ebay etc. all the time. Just wait for something local to come up and switch the speakers.

Mind you, if it is a combo amp you are far more likely to have fried something other than the speakers as they are normally spec'ed to handle the amp they are with (puts on hard hat and waits to be told that combo designers are not this bright...).

On 24/03/2024 at 16:34, damien b said:

Dear friends,

I burnt both 10 " bass speakers in my ashdown combo. Too much input.   Which reliable and cheap replacement speaker should/could  i equipp my combo with? 

Thank you

Damien

Check you've not got any DC on your amp output before connecting new speakers. It is an uncommon but known fault that can happen on Ashdown amps - I know as it happened to me!

Replacement 10" speakers from Ashdown will retain the character of the amp and are not expensive.