Why become a member? ×

Jet JJB-300 Jazz Bass

Robbo

Just bought one from local music store, I recently got rid of my Ibanez SR300 which I bought for a steal, after returning back to the Bass after a long time although I liked the Ibanez I wanted something a bit more traditional, wasn’t too sure about the Jet Bass but they seem to be getting some good reviews especially the guitar range, so did a bit of research and the JJB got some good reviews and specs. Roasted Poplar Body, Roasted Maple Neck, proper rosewood board, bone nut, decent tuners, brass saddle bridge, very nicely put together, well set up absolutely no issues, I would say the pick ups are probably bog standard but I’m only using it at home at present, so well chuffed, plugged into a small combo with headphones it’s surprisingly smooth and tonality is pleasing, it knocks the spots off my old Ibanez, Squier CV and Fender I have had in the past, even unplugged plays great, love it.

• Like 1

I own a couple of Jet stratocasters (JS-300), I find them ridiculously nice and well built. I'm glad that they don't have a big selection of basses or they would tempt me too much :D

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mcnach said:

I own a couple of Jet stratocasters (JS-300), I find them ridiculously nice and well built. I'm glad that they don't have a big selection of basses or they would tempt me too much :D

Aye as far as I know there’s just the JJB-300 I have the Gold one with rosewood board, they do a Sunburst with a maple board which would be tempting, maybe they’ll bring out a P Bass in the future, but I’m very happy with the one I have.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, mcnach said:

I know absolutely nothing about them.

I just went to check if I still have any of their labels... but they're gone. However, on the back of their headstock there is a sticker that says "Falcon Instrument Co. Ltd.", and one of the first hits in the google search is this: 

https://www.squier-talk.com/threads/jet-guitars.199190/

12 hours ago, mcnach said:

I know absolutely nothing about them.

I just went to check if I still have any of their labels... but they're gone. However, on the back of their headstock there is a sticker that says "Falcon Instrument Co. Ltd.", and one of the first hits in the google search is this: 

https://www.squier-talk.com/threads/jet-guitars.199190/

If you google Jet Guitars they have a website with their guitars and basses on with a bit of information etc.

My Bass was £329 so in the beginner budget range but in my honest opinion it is far far better than the likes of Squier, Harley Benton, Revalation and a host of other budget models, the workmanship and quality is excellent.

7 minutes ago, Robbo said:

If you google Jet Guitars they have a website with their guitars and basses on with a bit of information etc.

My Bass was £329 so in the beginner budget range but in my honest opinion it is far far better than the likes of Squier, Harley Benton, Revalation and a host of other budget models, the workmanship and quality is excellent.

I guess it's ok if You don't care in which country it was made.

14 minutes ago, Count Bassy said:

And what do they mean by "Europe" these days?

Geographically Europe includes the UK, Russia and Scandanavia, and anything in between. The "EU" is far more restricted.

That what i meant...they could easily been made in Estonia.

1 hour ago, nilorius said:

I guess it's ok if You don't care in which country it was made.

Exactly most stuff is made in China nowadays, it could be made in Timbuktu for all I care, I have had American, Japanese, Indonesian, Korean made guitars and basses in the past, I’ll say it again it’s extremely well made Bass.

5 hours ago, nilorius said:

That what i meant...they could easily been made in Estonia.

The link I posted earlier suggests the company is from Slovenia, where maybe or maybe not they assemble the instruments, which come from Asia.

19 hours ago, nilorius said:

As i said before, if You don't care for the country made and feel this bass ok for You - it's fully OK for You !

Very true