Why become a member? ×

Sterling by Music Man Pete Wentz Signature bass (March 2022) – Very good condition £625 inc. P&P - *SOLD*
£650
Chorley, Lancs., PR6

ead

SOLD ELSEWHERE

Here is my Pete Wentz signature Stingray, a passive Stingray bass.  Bought last year and made in March 2022 according to SBMM to whom I sent the serial number for verification.  It's like the weirdly/confusingly named new SB14 (Joe Dart-a-like) but in black and without the weird white knob.

The roasted maple neck is glorious to get around on with its satin finish.  The tone is natural and very rich.  Output across the strings is very constant (no weak G string here).  I understand that the pickup is wired in series.  The bass weighs just over 4.2kgs (9.2lbs) by my scales.

The bass is all original and comes with a good quality padded gig bag.

Any questions please just ask.  Equally if you would like some more pics of any detail let me know what you would like to see.

Here is some blurb from the SBMM site:

The Sterling by Music Man Pete Wentz Signature Bass is a high-performance powerhouse designed and built for the Fall Out Boy bassist.  Pete's signature model features the StingRay shape with an ergonomic contour, black hardware with contrasting gold pickguard, and a super-stable roasted maple neck.

Powering the tones is a single alnico V humbucker, ready to thrash thick and punchy voicings.  For focus and simplicity, it's paired with passive electronics and volume and tone controls to make on-the-fly sculpting effortless.  Coupled with open-gear tuners in a 3+1 headstock and a SBMM-designed bridge, you can expect a faultless tuning stability and gigging reliability from Pete's signature bass.  Not only does it look good and perform with reliability, but it's finished with the signature Wentz Loon inlay for a stylish, yet understated class

Pete Wentz, the Fall Out Boy co-founder and bassist, is an enduring icon, having shaped the sound of punk rock, pop punk and beyond. His new Artist Series StingRay pays homage to these roots while embracing modern playability. As Sterling by Music Man’s first full-scale passive bass, this workhorse StingRay is powered by an Alnico V humbucker for vintage-style warmth and punch, along with dual controls for seamless performance.

Specifications:

Model                     WENTZ

Body Wood             Nyatoh

Body Color              Black (BK)

Bridge                     Sterling by Music Man-Designed Bridge

Pickguard               Anodized Gold

Scale Length           34" (86.4cm)

Neck Radius           9.5" (24cm)

Frets                        21 Frets, Medium

Neck Width             1.69" (43mm) at Nut, 2.44" (62mm) at Last Fret

Neck Wood             Roasted Maple

Fingerboard           Roasted Maple

Fret Markers           Black Dot Markers w/ Custom Pete Wentz Loon on 12th Fret

Tuning Machines     Open Gear

Truss Rod               Dual Action

Neck Attachment     6 Bolt Pattern

Controls                  1 Voume, 1 Tone

Pickups                   H - 1 Alnico V Humbucker

Strings                    Ernie Ball 2834 Super Slinky

These SBMM basses get a lot of love on t'interweb. Here are some pics, I find black shiny basses hard to capture so apologies for the many stray reflections.  I can assure your that the bass is in excellent condition.  Any trials welcome with beverages and biscuits as required.

If you are not too far away I’d rather deliver the bass to you in exchange for some petrol money rather than send by courier.  Or I’d be happy to meet up somewhere too.  If none of this is possible then a courier would be the last resort.

Edited by ead
  • Like 7

Love the look of these and the sound of them too from the clips I've watched. I also don't get how these new are roughly £250 or thereabouts cheaper than the new Sterling by Sterling Joe Dart-a-like. 

I'd buy this if only I had the bass tokens but Paddy777 on here got all my money in a recent trade.

GLWTS!

• Thanks 1

• ead changed the title to SOLD Sterling by Music Man Pete Wentz Signature bass (March 2022)