Why become a member? ×

Sadowsky Metro Express RV4 (Made In Japan) 2019
£1549
West Midlands

Hi!

Unfortunately it’s time to move this bass to a better home. 

An incredible example of a jazz bass.

This model was part of the short-lived Metro Express series that were Made in Japan by Roger Sadowsky trained luthiers. This is not to be confused with the cheaper ‘MetroExpress’ sold today.

Considering a Metroline Model is upwards of £2,600, these basses are a bargain.

This item is also listed on eBay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/145656836944?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=1tgvpeZUT4a&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=1tgvpeZUT4a&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

See specs below:

Year – 2019

Colour – Black

Body Finish – Gloss

Body Wood – Alder

Neck Finish – Satin

Neck Wood – Maple

Fretboard – Rosewood

Frets – 21

Scale Length – 34″

Weight – Under 9lbs. (All basses were guaranteed to be under this)

Electronics – Active 2 Band Sadowsky with VTC

Pickups – Sadowsky Hum-cancelling Jazz

Gigbag/Hardcase – Gigbag

IMG_3791.jpeg

IMG_3792.jpeg

IMG_3793.jpeg

IMG_3794.jpeg

IMG_3795.jpeg

IMG_3796.jpeg

IMG_3797.jpeg

IMG_3798.jpeg

IMG_3799.jpeg

• Like 4

I’ve put a deposit on one of these - picking it up next week. Fantastic quality basses, bear no resemblance whatsoever to the Chinese MetroExpress’s they’re much more like the Japanese Metroline’s - super light as well, I think every single one from the range was guaranteed under 8.9lbs, I think the main difference to the Metroline’s was just there were a limited number of options in terms of wood/colour etc, but the quality is just the same. Can’t wait to get mine - fantastic basses

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Paddy777 said:

I’ve put a deposit on one of these - picking it up next week. Fantastic quality basses, bear no resemblance whatsoever to the Chinese MetroExpress’s they’re much more like the Japanese Metroline’s - super light as well, I think every single one from the range was guaranteed under 8.9lbs, I think the main difference to the Metroline’s was just there were a limited number of options in terms of wood/colour etc, but the quality is just the same. Can’t wait to get mine - fantastic basses

Enjoy dude! They are fantastic!

• Like 1

The Japanese Metroexpress Sadowsky basses are fantastic. I own one and it's by far one of my favourite Jazz basses i've played and incredibly light. GLWTS. Definitely not to be confused with current Metroexpress offer.

Some info here from when they were released and I would imagine there aren't loads of them about after production moving to Germany shortly after their first run.

https://www.notreble.com/buzz/2018/01/30/sadowsky-reveals-the-metroexpress-bass-series/

• 2 weeks later...