Why become a member? ×

*delete* late 80s Aria Pro Bass ii SB-ELT with OHSC
£625
Tenby

mihangle

I have a new bass arriving at the end of the week, so in accordance with my strict one in, one out policy I am - somwhat reluctantly - offering this late 80s Aria Pro Bass II SB-ELT up for sale.

The bass is really nice to play with a neck that feels very much like a Jazz bass. It was made in Korea and everything is original including the hardshell case.

It has plenty of tone options with what I think of as coil tap switches (not actually sure if that's what they are!).

It's in a well used condition but I would say 'well used' rather than 'abused'. Please bear in mind this bass must be around 35 years old so don't expect something new from the factory.

It was marketed in some countries as the SB-RSZ, the Rudy Sarzo signature model.

It's in an attractive Paduak colour. I thought it might be heavy with the solid brass-looking bridge and brass nut, but it comes in on my luggage scales as a pretty reasonable 9lb 3oz.

It has quite a few surface marks on the back which are visible in some light but not others. There is some corrosion to the washers on the front of the machine heads, but nothing that affects them working. There are a couple of small dings I have tried to capture and a small dink to the edge of the rosewood fretboard at the 16th fret. There is some fret wear on to lower frets on the E string but I would say they have plenty of life in them yet. There is also some finger staining to the rosewood fretboard. I've tried to picture everything I've mentioned above. Having listed all the issues I have probably made the bass sound worse than it actually is - it's a really nice guitar to play. 

Trial and collection from near Tenby in Pembrokeshire is preferred, but I could post in the UK for around £25.

Edited by mihangle
please delete - listing posted twice for some reason

• mihangle changed the title to *delete* late 80s Aria Pro Bass ii SB-ELT with OHSC