Why become a member? ×

Shuker/PB70 bitsa P bass
£650
Scotland

krispn

Selling a really nice and resonant P bass. The body is a Jon Shuker p bass body fashioned from some nice Alder in a wonderful natural finish. The neck is the “famed” Japanese PB70US-70, impeccably finished and nicer than the Nate Medel fender which has the same spec carve/shape. I’ve owned a fair few P basses and this late 70’s (B carve I think) is my favourite sitting between a P and J with a 40mm nut. The body’s neck joint was tailored for this specific neck so it’s a comfy fit made by one of the U.K.’s best! 

A Jon Shuker p bass starts at about £1800 and while this isn’t a full Shuker the quality is there to see. 

A few years back I had a pro luthier route the bass and shield it so I could put in any pick up of my choosing and it’s currently got a Ki0g0n solderless loom with a David Allen 1080P pick up which really sounds great in this bass in a reverse p configuration. 

A couple of pics to get you stated and I’ll add more later. Shipping is an option but I’d really rather meet. @Walshy has a man with a van who we could use but that would be up for discussion as a 50/50 cost split. I think I have a couple of scratch plates for this two in reverse p and regular p. 

IMG_2980.thumb.png.cb7efa99c5cfc2991c8823568d75e41a.pngIMG_2986.jpeg.78b817ad08fe40e82bb973ae4e862f0f.jpeg21F1E5D6-35CE-410A-AC39-A100D786CF8B.thumb.jpeg.3f49549c359906dae7463f48a1eacb6b.jpeg

Edited by krispn
Solderless loom not wireless😀
  • Like 12

*Note*
I’ve had a few questions. 

The bass does not come with the TBird pick up. This picture is simply to show it can accommodate other sized pick ups.

I’ll check the weight tonight after work but from memory it’s not over 4kg. 

Trades 

I’m only really after a JMJ mustang with some cash from me or I have a pedal or two as trade fodder. 

• 2 months later...