Why become a member? ×

HNBD: Kania fretless

Well, my daughter is having her swimming lessons now. So I have some doing nothing time to spend at the swimming pool.

So I'm glad to announce my HNBD!

I didn't really need a new bass. But I thoght this to be a beautiful creation by mr Krysztov Kania. Built in the nineties.

Teaser picture is from the original add. More pics to follow tomorrow.

It is very light and has one of the thinnest necks I've ever played. Nice balance. Pickup is a Delano with a 3 way switch for some serie/coil split/parallel sounds I guess.

Strung with flatwounds. I don't have a clue about the woods. I'll have to contact the builder, maybe he remembers.

Fretlines and side dots help me a lot to find my notes (or avoid them).

Usually I am not to fond of thin necks, neither on guitar nor on bass. But I think I really can get used to this. It plays light as a feather. It has a nice balance, comfortable body and super high neck acces.

Slapping is awkward though with such little space between pickup and fretboard. But I am bad at slapping bass, so it doesn't really bother me.

I haven't really gave it a proper sound test, as I only have a 1 watt solid state guitar amp at the moment. Sounds very growly in a nice way through it.

I don't think it sounds as deep as my Stagg EUB. The EUB has longer sustain as well.

But I do think it is very nice to have a normal bass at my side as well. 

More pics will follow tomorrow.

452c6e1c-44b7-4237-bcad-2a1ae9cf2e0c.jpeg.jpg

• Like 8