Why become a member? ×

Musicman Stingray 5 Special in Cruz Teal - As new with case and candy NOW REDUCED TO £1700 cash sale WITH NEW TRADE OPTIONS - *SOLD*
£2000
Lowestoft

carlsim

No longer a feeler… anyone interested?? 

Price drop to £1700 plus postage!!

NEW TRADE OPTIONS! I could really do with a cash injection at the moment (house renovations costing far more than anticipated!) so if someone fancies trading a bass with a value around the £8-900 mark and can add 1K in cash, that would be a positive outcome!

I can now also post if needed- get in touch for details.

I am putting up for sale my Musicman Stingray 5 Special in Cruz Teal. It's in amazing condition, with original case and all candy including the plush little bag. I will post pics of this when I can plus a load more - current ones are just a teaser...

@Ander87 I thought I would tag you as we had a discussion about this bass previously... It may not be on your radar however....

Anyway, I got this just before Covid and it didn't really see the light of day because of this until the past year and it hasn't done much since then as I seem to favouring Jazz basses at the moment. It is one the first SR5 Specials I believe, from around 2018/2019 (I can confirm this with the serial number), it's light as anything (much lighter than previous SR5s) due to mega light hardware and it balances great, sound like a SR on acid with the 18v preamp and generally is an amazing bass and I know I will regret it if it goes! Will leave the strap and straplocks as the bass came with them.

However...

So... basically, it has:

A mega cool colour (cruz teal - no longer produced)

Roasted maple neck and headstock - looks cool and feels great against the ebony board

black hardware which I think looks great

ebony fingerboard - looks cool against the black hardware

18v preamp with the standard SR5 control setup

It's completely stock

It has the original case and all the candy to go with it.

It also has a plain white scratchplate (the original one) and a mirrored one (see pic)

So... partial trades with some cash my way would be possible - I would be interested in a Sadowsky 5 string (japan preferably), or a fender Japan P-bass (70s re-issue with the TV logo headstock) or.... actually I don't know what else but feel free to try me. I'm actually selling as I am trying to buy back a bass I had built back in 2008 which I know is local to me and may be available. If that changes dramatically I may remove this from sale.

Collection only I'm afraid - I don't have a lot of free time to drive anywhere so you will have to trek out to the most Easterly part of the UK to bag this bad boy. I just don't fancy sending a 2K bass through the post. I know this will limit things but I just don't want to take the risk.

Get in touch if you fancy - come and have a look and try it out - will make you a cuppa and possibly throw in a digestive or two... choccy ones if you prefer.

sr5 1.jpg

sr5 2.jpg

sr5 3.jpg

IMG_0751.jpeg

IMG_0752.jpeg

IMG_0753.jpeg

IMG_0754.jpeg

IMG_0755.jpeg

IMG_0756.jpeg

IMG_0757.jpeg

IMG_0760.jpeg

IMG_0761.jpeg

Edited by carlsim
  • Like 11

My first 'proper bass' and second bass ever, I've loved that thing with passion really...

... I do have pictures my wife took with a sad long face when I was packing it up to letting it go...

Alas, I barely if at all have a need for a 5 stringer, I recall I was chasing for this beauty to get back to me for weeks and weeks and have sought it back for ages, tried to trace it etc etc.

Again, bad timing, and awfully nostalgic about this, but I'm in the league of £1k basses and less which works for me now... and other life priorities!

Ander.

I feel your pain buddy...

Life does tend to get in the way these days of the luxuries we splash out on when younger!

2 minutes ago, Ander87 said:

My first 'proper bass' and second bass ever, I've loved that thing with passion really...

... I do have pictures my wife took with a sad long face when I was packing it up to letting it go...

Alas, I barely if at all have a need for a 5 stringer, I recall I was chasing for this beauty to get back to me for weeks and weeks and have sought it back for ages, tried to trace it etc etc.

Again, bad timing, and awfully nostalgic about this, but I'm in the league of £1k basses and less which works for me now... and other life priorities!

Ander.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommygingell said:

Would a fender American vintage 62 p bass in surf green interest you as a potential trade 

If it’s a p bass, it definitely needs to be a 70s style headstock with the big logo I’m afraid… but thank you for the offer…

Bumping up - I would like to sell this although I know I will regret it. Hit me with trade offers if you like… a bass and some cash would be a positive outcome….

• carlsim changed the title to Musicman Stingray 5 Special in Cruz Teal - As new with case and candy NOW REDUCED TO £1700 cash sale WITH NEW TRADE OPTIONS

Big price reduction to £1700 plus some new trade options added... circumstances dictate that I need to sell this now so get in touch with trade offers / cash...

• carlsim changed the title to Musicman Stingray 5 Special in Cruz Teal - As new with case and candy NOW REDUCED TO £1700 cash sale WITH NEW TRADE OPTIONS sold