Why become a member? ×

Old Tube Valves

SamIAm

A friend at work is trying to move on some her late father's things as the house is to be sold; amongst them are a collection of unused boxed tube valves, for example.

image.thumb.png.d12f7d202a937874709dba6f06470085.png

image.thumb.png.a60a35a5708f7383e7912abdecd29b34.png

I have no idea about tubes, but I figured that some here on BC will.

Are there any 'tube dealers' that folks know of that might be interested in them?

Sam x

Mullard and Philips (the yellowish boxes on the right) are somewhst sought after valves/tubes. But the interest depends on the types of the valves/tubes. As an example that 6AU6/EF94 pentode costs anything from £1-2 and up. If there are interesting ones, the price may rise up high: a Telefunken EF806S can cost anything between £50-500.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SamIAm said:

A friend at work is trying to move on some her late father's things as the house is to be sold; amongst them are a collection of unused boxed tube valves, for example.

Are there any 'tube dealers' that folks know of that might be interested in them?...

Another possible contact path for your friend might be the vintage radio/audio interest groups - old tech geezers (like me!) with a loft full of 'bits' are always moving on to Valve Valhalla!  The forum moderators are regularly invited to oversee a fair financial arrangement for onward use of valves in restored equipment.  There's an informal network of individual restorers, too, who might be interested in buying a job lot, so word will spread there

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum is one of the larger groups

HTH

• Like 2

i'm not sure if they buy from the public but i've bought NOS valves from Langrex, they keep a huge stock of NOS valves so might be interested in these.

LINK

I guess it might be worth an email to see if they are interested.

Matt

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...