Why become a member? ×

Line 6 HX Effects
£310
St ives Cambridgeshire

RikiB

I'm so interested in these units, but it befuddles me that it doesn't have a DI. I get it's probably aimed more at guitarists than bassists, but still. 

Scant few videos of these with bass. 

One day.... 

• Like 1

Yeah I get what you mean but you can go out of it into your own (better) DI.

Probably better for guitar these but they do have a few  bass pedal models and a lot of the guitar drives etc work fine with bass to.

• Like 1

On 27/01/2024 at 21:53, glassmoon said:

I'm so interested in these units, but it befuddles me that it doesn't have a DI. I get it's probably aimed more at guitarists than bassists, but still. 

Scant few videos of these with bass. 

One day.... 

I use one of these and find it ideal for gigging with - it's designed to go into an amp or DI rather than straight to the desk, that's what the Helixy things with the amp sims are for really. This is just effects.

I currently run it into my VT Bass DI for FOH and take a parallel clean output from the DI to my amp so I can tweak FOH and stage sound separately.

One thing, I found the sounds improved greatly with some appropriate HPF and LPF cuts at each end.

• Like 2

When I'm asked about my DI, I point at the floor. It's currently an EBS MicroBass 3, before that an MXR M81, before that.... The last time I used an amp for anything other than a monitor was donkeys years ago. I guess I could get one of them and a Radial DI, but man, I think bassists would love it so much more, were there a DI. 

GLWTS though @RikiB. Sorry for trolling your post