Why become a member? ×

How was your Jam ...

SamIAm

6 hours ago, Staggering on said:

To make it even better (or worse depending on your point of view) I play tenor banjo in a trad jazz band and in the bluegrass band I play bass but get to listen to our excellent 5 string banjo player...best of both worlds.😄

Edit: I had to remove the ' that somehow slipped into the original post...I am getting old I guess.🙄

This is getting dark now 😳

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, shoulderpet said:

I used to go to a jam night a while ago and stopped going in the end.  Problem was the house band always had there favourite musicians so there favourites would be on for several songs and unless you were lucky you would get squeezed in at the end for 1 or 2 songs and occasionally if it was a busy night you might not get to play at all so you would end up at the pub till half eleven on a work night so that you could play for 3-6 minutes, to make it even worse if you showed up even slightly after 8pm they wouldn't even bother trying to make sure you got to play and would use that as an excuse. 

tbh ime any "Jam Night" organised by performers taking part is more about the ego of those performers. With little self awareness.

• Like 1