Why become a member? ×

Anyone know where this bass is? (ACG Recurve 6 SC)

andydye

I briefly owned this beautiful bass by Alan a good few years back

IMG_5907.jpg

https://acguitars.co.uk/project/0100recurvestype6-2-2-2-2-2/

...and I wondered if anyone on here had it?

I mostly want to know it has a good home but would also like to double check the string spacing at the bridge...the ACG website suggests 19mm but that sounds nuts to me

6 minutes ago, andydye said:

I briefly owned this beautiful bass by Alan a good few years back

IMG_5907.jpg

https://acguitars.co.uk/project/0100recurvestype6-2-2-2-2-2/

...and I wondered if anyone on here had it?

I mostly want to know it has a good home but would also like to double check the string spacing at the bridge...the ACG website suggests 19mm but that sounds nuts to me

I think most earlier 6 string ACGs would've been 18mm as standard.

I will check with the boss ;) 

• Like 1

thanks for checking that ma dude, I'm talking to Mr Shuker about adding a 6 aye, don't want as wide spacing as my old ACG but wider than my old Thumb 5, I've got between 16.5mm (Thumb 5) and 18mm (ACG) now as my spacing window

10 minutes ago, andydye said:

thanks for checking that ma dude, I'm talking to Mr Shuker about adding a 6 aye, don't want as wide spacing as my old ACG but wider than my old Thumb 5, I've got between 16.5mm (Thumb 5) and 18mm (ACG) now as my spacing window

Now worries at all dude.

I reckon 17mm is the sweet spot.

If/when I order another 6, I'm going 17mm, my current crop are all 16.5mm but a hair wider might help with sloppy chops 😉

Make sure and share info when you pull the trigger dude!

41 minutes ago, andydye said:

sweeeet

aye, I'm torn between 17 and 17.5mm

If you go for the right bridge you'll easily have 5mm adjustment each way, like the Hipshot Type A.

• Like 2

I always choose Hipshot type A bridges, I love the quick string change, saved my bacon at a show in Germany, twanged a string in the intro and was back from the dressing room with a new string on before the first chorus

• Like 2

17 hours ago, andydye said:

I had Alan build my Krell 5 string at 17mm which feels better than my SR5's at 17.5mm but not as good as my old Thumb 5 at 16.5mm...! 

I couldn't get on with 18mm basses at all, which is a shame as the multi-coil pups he uses are brilliant but only come in 18mm spacing.

Speak to Alan, he's usually got an answer for most questions.

• Like 2