Why become a member? ×

Elrick NJS 5 string Jazz (Not Cort) - *SOLD*
£1600
High Wycombe

Sibob

I'm looking to move on my Elrick NJS 5, I love this bass but realistically don't play enough 5 string to keep this amount money wrapped up in it.

This is NOT one of the cheap Korean built Cort NJS’s, this is one of the European (Czech) built Elricks (think Spector Euro), then setup by Rob in Chicago, so extremely well built, with US Bartolini Pickips and Preamp, as well as the following:

Features:
- 35″ scale
- 24 frets + zero fret
- 9.1 Lbs.
- Gloss Piano Black Finish
- 3-piece Quarter-Sawn Maple Neck
Ebony Fretboard
- 2-way adjustable truss rod
- Bartolini Jazz pickups (Made in the USA)
- Bartolini 3-band pre-amp w/2-way mid and active bypass (Made in the USA)
- Fully shielded control cavity
- Black Elrick Hipshot Ultra-light tuners
- Black Finish Elrick bridge – by Hipshot (Made in the USA)
- Dunlop Dual Design strap buttons (Straplok compatible!) (Made in the USA)
- Currently strung with La Bella RX Steels 45-130. I think I have a couple of spare sets too.
- Original Elrick hard case

The bass is in excellent condition, with only a tiny little nick in the finish on the top edge of the body, see the very last photo.

While cash is king, I am potentially up for trades or part-ex's along the below lines in no particular order, all 4 string and no heavier than 9lbs. I could potentially add a little money for the right bass:

- Elrick NJS4
- Spector Euro P/J

- 70's Fender Precision or Jazz

- Lakland Dual J, 44-60 or HB-30

- Zon Sonus

- De Gier Soulmate 

- Fender Japan Precision or Jazz

- Rickebacker

- Guild Starfire II

Try me on other stuff for sure.

Sold

You can hear one of its slightly more livelier tones on this track:

Cheers

Si

Edited by Sibob
  • Like 15

Having heard a couple of YouTube demos of the Korean built Elrick/Cort 5 strings, which are pretty good, this must sound absolutely amazing Si! 

It looks awesome too, but then again, I do have a thing for all black basses.. 😁😎

Anyeay, GLWTS Si,

And sending you very best wishes also for the imminent arrival of your new baby daughter! 😊

• Like 1

I have one of the Cort variety in black. If this is as good as it should be given the quality of mine and the provenance of yours then it will be superb. 

Mine isn't 'standard'. It arrived with a defunct pre-amp from new. After a negotiated discount I fitted a Noll pre with passive tone always on and shielded the cavities. Mine needed a shim in the neck pocket to get the setup right and the neck was poorly finished (unfinished more like) to the rear. Tru Oil and Gunstock wax plus some elbow grease soon sorted that.

So a bit of work turned a good bass into a bit of a WOW! one. My point? The Ergos will be the same, zero fret, 35", great body shape and angled back headstock. The quality will be a step up. This will be something special.

GLWTS.

• Like 2

• Sibob changed the title to Elrick NJS 5 string Jazz (Not Cort) - *SOLD*