Why become a member? ×

Maschine

xgsjx

I’d been thinking about getting a Maschine Mikro mk3 to use in my live setup for some time, so the Mrs got me one for Xmas. 

I'm mostly going to be using it for either triggering loops & samples or play it in chord mode, but might practice a little finger drumming too. 

Any other Maschine users on here & have you got any tips or tricks?

• Like 1

I only have the iPad apps . 
Not sure if it is complicated to use . I have a boss sp202 which although very ancient and limited these days  is great fun , and easy to use.

Last year I nabbed the boss sp404sx ( discontinued also) just because it has a lot more storage via sd card .

I sometimes think of maybe getting a maschine or akai mpc one replacing these , but the thought of menu diving and complications put me off .

Hope you have fun with it . I guess you tube is the way to go for you ..

1 hour ago, RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE said:

I only have the iPad apps . 
Not sure if it is complicated to use . I have a boss sp202 which although very ancient and limited these days  is great fun , and easy to use.

Last year I nabbed the boss sp404sx ( discontinued also) just because it has a lot more storage via sd card .

I sometimes think of maybe getting a maschine or akai mpc one replacing these , but the thought of menu diving and complications put me off .

Hope you have fun with it . I guess you tube is the way to go for you ..

There’s not much menu diving on the Maschine when using it with the software. Once you load up your sounds/samples/loops the majority of what you need is on the front panel. 

Most of my time has been spent playing with the expansions that I have (I got a load with Komplete a couple of years ago & then another 10 of my choosing when I got the Mikro). But my plan is to make my own sounds & samples to use in it.

It’s a lot of fun playing chords on the pads with my left hand & doing lead or bass on the Roli Rise with my right hand.

Yes, I could play chords on the synth. But I can set the Mikro to play extended chords with a bass note, which is otherwise impossible with one hand.  🙂

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...