Why become a member? ×

Aria Pro SB elite 2 RS (I believe) - *SOLD*
£500
sussex

tonybest

NOW SOLD. Thanks for everyones interest. And help in sorting out post and with firming up what it was I was selling. Be good everyone. 

For sale early 90s' Aria pro ii

Please see my earlier thread from some years ago (14/6/16) for what I believe this to be!

Difficult to know where it lies value wise so offers considered.

Selling due to haven't used it since 2010 and about to collect another bass and really don't need 3! Played it regularly for about 15 years and enjoyed playing it every time, but its probably time to set it free to let some one else use and enjoy her.

Due to weight collection or meet half way please, I'm in TN22.

If you'd like any more pics or details let me know.

IMG_4150.jpeg

IMG_4151.jpeg

IMG_4148.jpeg

IMG_4149.jpeg

IMG_4153.jpeg

IMG_4152.jpeg

Edited by tonybest
Now sold
  • Like 10

That's an SB-ELT, late 80s/early 90s, post-Matsumoku (which closed in '87) and probably (but not yet 100% confirmed) MIJ. They're difficult to pin down production-wise as they are unserialised & seldom seen with model number stickers. The same bass was also marketed as SB-RSZ, a Rudy Sarzo signature model, although I don't know if Mr S ever actually played one.

I have one of these and they're beautifully-made basses, easily up to the same standard as the '83 SB Elite I also have. Hardware & pickups are the same as the earlier SB Elites & SB-Rs, apart from somewhat simplified electronics, which don't really lose anything in terms of versatility.

5a4d23be60b81_AriaSB-ELT.thumb.jpg.25ef14e366210a94f00891a454159024.jpg

Yours looks like a beautiful example in excellent condition - and the best colour (mine's black). GLWTS!

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Tony, my name is also Tony. Did a chap contact you recently as ask about the availability of this bass? 

…did he say there was a chap in Scotland interested in buying one? Well that would be me lol!   

and yeah, your bass looks nice in red (Padouk Red ? - so they tell me) 

Tony

• tonybest changed the title to SOLD…Aria Pro SB elite 2 RS (I believe)