Why become a member? ×

90s player back to enjoying playing again

So I started playing in 1990 when a friend needed a bassist for a charity gig he was doing at high school. 
So after learning some Motley Crue, Credence Clearwater Revival, Pink Floyd, Beatles, Free, RHCP, FNM etc I was enjoying playing and joined a few bands over the years until my son was born in ’98 when gave up gigging and became a dad and worked full time going on to have four more kids so the bass less of a priority. 

FFW to last year, I moved house and found a bass I was given free about 10 years ago following a passing conversion about having played in the past. 

now my new home is requiring no more work, for the winter I’ve picked up playing again. 

Im following advice on the YouTube channel BassBuzz to try to avoid developing bad habits or undo any and I’m really enjoying it. Things are coming back to me that i thought I’d long forgotten like Cowboys from Hell and Surprise your dead which I used to really love playing as well as some Jackson 5, Madness, RHCP and Blur (solid bass player check them out). 

anyhow, I ramble. Thanks for reading and I’m really looking forward to continuing my bass playing journey. 

• Like 4