Why become a member? ×

Musicman Stingray 5 / Status neck - 2006 Anniversary Model + OHSC (ABSOLUTELY NO TRADES, I AM WEAK) - *WITHDRAWN*
£1500
London

biro

A Tragic Tale of Love and Loss: In a bittersweet twist of fate, as I bravely leap onto the treacherous housing ladder (pray for me), I must bid adieu to this wonderful specimen. Great conditions in general, and even better for an instrument made in 2006. Aged like fine wine, it has indeed. 

It's a humanitarian purchase: I have major difficulties getting along with Rays, but this is the one I would have kept: by far the best one I've played, and I think Ernie Ball should make them like this in the factory.If it does not sell, I will not be heartbroken. But then, ladies, gentlemen, I put to you the following proposition: imagine, if you will, a world where this majestic bass gathers dust. The minds reject the notion, as shivers run through the spine. Save it—I beg of you—from a life of solitude and give it the love it deserves. It will feel neglected if you don't. It's a humanitarian act, really.

This is the Ray that other Rays tell legends about. It's the Ray that outplays all other Rays. It has a ceramic magnet, but I find that with the right EQ it does the Vintage Ray thing quite well—perfect if you want to channel your inner Donny Benét. Comes with the original OHSC. Comes with the original OHSC, which could not be nicer even if it had been lined with gold.

May be tried in North London, in which case tea and biscuits will be provided (though the kettle so long as the kettle still works. For the handover, I work in central London and I have shipped instruments as far as Australia, so shipping far isn't a problem (but Pitcairn I won't do).

Please don't tempt me with trades. I have the resistance of a cat to a laser pointer. I want to say no, but I'll probably end up saying yes.

I include a couple of cheeky pictures. Also, @lowregisterhead's video below—with the hope that he will not mind me sharing!

image.thumb.png.da9468b9a9447d7c076ebf9fdabb7137.pngimage.thumb.png.b2a7da9a9e49c9d77999c8d7489bd1ed.png

Edited by biro
  • Like 9

• biro changed the title to WITHDRAWN: I am even weaker than I thought. Musicman Stingray 5 / Status neck - 2006 Anniversary Model + OHSC (ABSOLUTELY NO TRADES, I AM WEAK)