Why become a member? ×

Bitsa-Jazz MIM Roast Maple Neck, Fender 74 p'ups, Badass bridge back on sale - *SOLD*
£390
London SE14

kwmlondon

I love Jazz basses and have been putting this together for ages. Bits from here, there. Squier body, Fender roast maple neck, badass bridge, Fender '74 pickups, Hipshot ultralite tuners but I'm just not playing anything more ther than my Dingwall 5 string. I'm in London - up for any kind of test. Would rather not post but do have a hiscox case could include for extra. I'm not really looking to trade any more but do try me.

Currently strung with Olympus flats (cheap ones) but I have a set of Elites in the case I can put on so that's £40 worth of strings for a start. 

Update - 4.1kg so nice and light. Sorry - no idea what the body is made from.

IMG_8999.jpeg

IMG_9001.jpeg

IMG_9002.jpeg

IMG_9003.jpeg

IMG_9004.jpeg

IMG_9005.jpeg

IMG_9006.jpeg

Edited by kwmlondon
Back on sale
  • Like 9

13 minutes ago, horrorshowbass said:

Hi man 

If you would consider posting the neck and tuners I would be interested.

Let me know what ya think

Thanks

Michael

Let me see if anyone wants the whole package first. I'd really rather get rid of the whole bass in one go and swap for a five string. 

• kwmlondon changed the title to Bitsa-Jazz MIM Roast Maple Neck, Fender 74 p'ups, Badass bridge swap for 5er *on hold*

I'm talking to a bc'er who has a couple of 5 strings he may be up to trade and we're planning on meeting up in a couple of weeks to try each other's basses out and see if we want to do a trade. Am putting on hold till then. Cheers to everyone who has been in touch and if this doesn't work out will be back in contact. Thx!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• kwmlondon changed the title to Bitsa-Jazz MIM Roast Maple Neck, Fender 74 p'ups, Badass bridge back on sale

I have had a great meet up with a fellow bass-chatter who came around with a couple of very yummy basses but we decided not to swap/buy. My jazz wasn’t for him and I have come to realise that my Dingwall Combustion 5-3 can do everything and I don’t really need any more basses. So really I want to move it on. Ideally I’d like to meet up so the buyer can try it and I may be able to deliver within the M25 by arrangement, I’d really prefer not to courier as it’s such a faff but an open to conversation…

22 hours ago, kwmlondon said:

I have had a great meet up with a fellow bass-chatter who came around with a couple of very yummy basses but we decided not to swap/buy. My jazz wasn’t for him and I have come to realise that my Dingwall Combustion 5-3 can do everything and I don’t really need any more basses. So really I want to move it on. Ideally I’d like to meet up so the buyer can try it and I may be able to deliver within the M25 by arrangement, I’d really prefer not to courier as it’s such a faff but an open to conversation…

Guilty as charged, Your Honour! 😁

Yes... T'was me that Kim's refering to that he met up with yesterday, and although we didn't do a trade in the end, that's more to do with my two 5ers not being right for him as opposed to any reflection on his Jazz bass, which is really good! 

As he says in his For Sale blurb above, the neck is a thing of beauty and it plays beautifully. 

Sound-wise, it sounds just like a Jazz should and it's nice and light and balances really well. 

I happen to really like the red body/maple fingerboard/ tort guard look too.. 

Whoever does finally snap this up will definitely have a really cool looking, great sounding Jazz bass on their hands, that's for sure! 

GLWTS Kim.. 👍😊

P. S. That Dingwall 5er of yours is some instrument too... 

• Like 1

On 12/01/2024 at 18:52, silverfoxnik said:

Guilty as charged, Your Honour! 😁

Yes... T'was me that Kim's refering to that he met up with yesterday, and although we didn't do a trade in the end, that's more to do with my two 5ers not being right for him as opposed to any reflection on his Jazz bass, which is really good! 

As he says in his For Sale blurb above, the neck is a thing of beauty and it plays beautifully. 

Sound-wise, it sounds just like a Jazz should and it's nice and light and balances really well. 

I happen to really like the red body/maple fingerboard/ tort guard look too.. 

Whoever does finally snap this up will definitely have a really cool looking, great sounding Jazz bass on their hands, that's for sure! 

GLWTS Kim.. 👍😊

P. S. That Dingwall 5er of yours is some instrument too... 

thanks Nik- it was a pleasure to geek out with you over the basses, and I really enjoyed your playing. You’ve properly got the chops! 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

Okay I’ll try and put rounds in it this weekend and get a vid up … 

Edit. Thought I had some rounds but the've gone on another bass so not chanding atm.

Edited by kwmlondon

• 4 weeks later...

Sold this to the 16 year old son of my old college buddy. They're not exactly flush so was happy to give it to an appreciative kid for a very good price. He's happy as Larry apparently!

• Like 3

• kwmlondon changed the title to Bitsa-Jazz MIM Roast Maple Neck, Fender 74 p'ups, Badass bridge *sold*