Why become a member? ×

Akai MPC one (+)

Lee77

I am thinking this would simplify my recording problems. 

1. It can replace my 8 track and allow me to work in loops for recording. Rather than having to rerecord whole sections.

2. I can load in some nice drum samples to make better drum tracks. Rather than using my old korg which doesn't sound great but is super easy to program.

And as a bonus I can midi from the electronic drum kit to trigger better samples so it becomes a better drum module.

I have tried using computer and iPad daws but they are not for me.

I was wondering if anybody had found any problems in using their MPC one which they would like to share?

Thanks.

I have an MPC Live (which is the same machine under the skin just with more I/O and a battery for portability) and use it sometimes like you describe. It's great for that. Up to 8 Audio tracks - which is more than enough for a couple of Guitars & Bass.

I haven't found any problems using the MPC like this. Most people use them to make 'hip-hop/trap beats' so that's what all the youtube video's will be geared towards.. I found it really intuitive to set up and use & only had to consult the manual a couple of times.