Why become a member? ×

Westfield B1000

upside downer

Getting together in the new year with a couple of former bandmates just to have fun (and maybe a gig or two) by running through some old tunes so I thought I'd treat myself with a new(ish) bass. I only wanted something functional and inexpensive for our meetups so I grabbed this at the auctions for £50, a Westfield B1000.

Lefty.jpg.f9cc9d439680099eb95cee5f3759bf60.jpg

It's clean and in decent nick with only two tiny dings on the body. As you can see from the pic I'm a strings-the-wrong-way-around player (maybe my username gave it away?) so I just had to flip the nut before restringing and had to slightly alter the saddles for the correct intonation. Put some flatwounds on it and now it sounds and plays really nicely. I've used Westfields before, Strat guitar in a duo and violin bass in my last band and I've always found them to be reliable and more than up to the job.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Those old B1000s were a cracking P bass, good pups and nice shallow neck, halfway P 'n J neck, good fit n finish, what's not to like. 

I've a pink and maple one that's been a keeper for years, whilst my spendy stuff has come and gone. 

• Like 1