Why become a member? ×

REDUCED: David Gage Czech Ease 3/4 Double bass, with gigbag + Hard case. May now sell via shop / agent
£3200
CARDIFF

Marc S

PRICE DROP: £3,000 for the bass and stand - and I'll take an offer on the K&K pickup & preamp, if sold with the bass.
EDIT: I am now considering selling this fabulous and not often available bass via a 3rd party.

It is with heavy heart and a degree of reluctance that I'm listing this fab upright - but I've been dithering, and in that time I am no longer using this fine instrument. These days, I reach straight for my BSX Allegro upright instead - so this is sitting there unused, and in need of someone who'll appreciate it and play it.

These are rather special instruments, as they are essentially a reduced size body, and more "luggage friendly" - easier to travel with, yet they still sound and feel like an acoustic upright (because they are). Even travelling in a medium sized hatchback is easier. These basses are now discontinued - so they're becoming increasingly scarce. It comes fitted with a Gage Realist pickup and adjustable bridge. It also comes with the well padded gigbag it was supplied with, plus Hard Case, for protection on flights & in backs of vans. The bass is in great condition, with just a few minor knocks & bumps here & there. Strung with D'Addario Zyex strings in great condition (not much use) these are fine for bowing BTW, and seem medium tension to me.

No trades thanks. And I WILL NOT POST so please don't ask. Happy to let you try the bass here in Cardiff - cup of tea and a Welsh cake for prospective buyers. I think this is a fair price for one of these, especially as they're uncommon and now discontinued, and given that they have come up on here for £3.5k (sometimes without the bonus of the hard case).

IMG_20180714_111309760.jpg

IMG_20180713_113310267.jpg

IMG_20180713_113344227.jpg

IMG_20180713_113101177.jpg

IMG_20180713_113048531.jpg

Edited by Marc S
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Marc S changed the title to David Gage Czech Ease 3/4 Double bass, with gigbag + Hard case + Pickup / deal

Just adding this as a possible addition to the deal.
I'm also willing to throw in a rather nice K&K pickup & preamp. The K&K has both a Piezo pickup, plus a really nice microphone. The preamp allows control of the Piezo and the mic separately - so you can get the balance you want each time. (The mic usually sits just inside the f-hole, but I have just placed it on the outside so you can see it in the photo).

The Gage Realist pickup which comes with this bass is really nice, of course - but I quite like having the option of choosing the K&K pickup, especially as the mic delivers such a nice, natural acoustic upright tone. Photos of preamp later.

EDIT: So this now includes the stand and the K&K pickup + preamp - just making that clear. I might consider an offer, if you don't want the K&K......

20240103_155253.jpg

Edited by Marc S

• Marc S changed the title to REDUCED: David Gage Czech Ease 3/4 Double bass, with gigbag + Hard case. May now sell via shop / agent