Why become a member? ×

Epifani UL502 amp

Used this for years but since I purchased my more powerful Tecamp this one is for sale...
Can be shipped or picked up (I live just above Brussels)
Asking for 850 euros
600 watts.. lightweight (around 6 kg), additional footswitch to switch between the two channels.
Thanks
Geert

[quote name='joetruscott' post='484537' date='May 10 2009, 07:59 PM']How do you find you Tecamp compared to the UL502?

Sorry to go off topic...[/quote]

I find them rather similar. Switching between the two amps doesn't make a huge difference.
Both of them give me an "honest" bass-sound with no specific "edge" or distortion.
I compare it to the sound which you get when you plug your bass into the mixing desk and you hear it through the studio-monitors. Not everyone likes that but I do.
I hardly have to adjust anything. A fellow guitarplayer thought that I had a bit more lows through the Tecamp and preferred it above the Epifani but the Celinder bass I used has a very effective low-boost circuit so that has also probably something to do with it.
I still prefer the Tecamp and the Epifani-amps above anything I have ever played (from Ampeg to EBS to Eden of Trace Elliot, etc..).
I'm not really an expert but something just says "yes" when I plug my basses into Tecamp or Epifani. It's like you finally hear your bass like you want it to sound. A matter of taste off course..

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='wombatboter' post='500360' date='May 28 2009, 10:32 PM']I'm afraid not... it was expensive as an extra feature but it came in very handy and I used it a lot.
Especially the mute switch, although the two channels-option was also very neat.
The mid-cut option I found a bit useless.[/quote]

I think I'd definitely use the channel switching option but agree about the mid cut.

I'll have to do some hunting and find out how much they are new :)

[quote name='wombatboter' post='501262' date='May 29 2009, 09:57 PM']Station Music in Germany sells the footswitch for 98 Euros.
That's where I bought the amp and the switch.[/quote]

Great, thanks for that :)