Why become a member? ×

!!! ON HOLD !!! Leduc U-Basse 4 Fretless (UMM4 SF) - *SOLD*
£2200
Etalle, South Belgium

Hellzero

€2500 EUR: Leduc U-Basse 4 Fretless (UMM4 SF), "semi-acoustic" bass with a Brazilian rosewood (cut in 1895!) fingerboard, the patented free floating top and asymmetrical patented bridge (same patent for the both of them as they are intricated) and upgraded with a Fishman PowerChip!

This very ergonomic headless bass is built like an acoustic instrument in mind, the free floating top allowing for huge dynamic range like an acoustic instrument and thanks to the Leduc-Benedetti single coil magnetic pickup and the Fishman BP-100 twin piezo pickup coupled to the Fishman PowerChip impedance matching preamp you can get typical fretless sounds when you use the magnetic pickup or close to a double bass with the twin piezo pickup when EQ'ed the right way AND you can even split the two signals with a stereo to two mono output jacks lead allowing you to dial very different tones for each pickup!

Christophe LEDUC is now retired and the last retail price for a similar model (with a set neck and without the mother of pearl U.Bass logo) was ... €6100 Euros!

Link to the U-basse page: http://leduc.fr/index.php/basses/u-basses-a-table-flottante

Link to the patent: https://worldwide.espacenet.com/publicationDetails/biblio?KC=A&date=19940823&NR=5339718A&DB=EPODOC&locale=fr_EP&CC=US&FT=D

NO TRADES!

NON NEGOTIABLE PRICE !

Asking price including shipping fully insured with tracking number to your place in these European countries (ask for other countries) : Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France (excluding French overseas departments and territories), Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Monaco, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden : €2500 Euros (£2200 GBP is an approximation and I will only accept payment in Euros)!!!

Shipping to United Kingdom is, of course, possible, but with an extra customs fee (VAT + other taxes + courier fee), because U.K. is now outside EEC.

In perfect working condition and, except some marks, a few dings and scratches, in very good condition.

Here are the specifications :

Braced patented floating top: red cedar

Body: Honduran mahogany

Neck: one piece Canadian hard rock maple

Fingerboard: Brazilian rosewood from 1895!!!

Positions: 24 with front and side white dots at the correct position (fretless) and mother of pearl U.Bass logo to the high register extension

Headstock: none as it's headless

Pickups: Leduc-Benedetti Samarium-Cobalt single coil magnetic pickup with Brazilian rosewood cover + Fishman BP-100 twin piezo pickup

Controls: volume, volume (both located between the top and sides of the body)

Preamp: Fishman PowerChip allowing signal splitting and impedance matching (the hole at the back is to access the piezo gain control with a small flat screwdriver)

Tuning tailpiece: Leduc aluminium

Bridge: asymmetrical patented Para rosewood

Strings spacing at bridge: 19 mm

Nut: ebony(38mm width)

Strings spacing at nut: 10 mm

Knobs: Leduc aluminium

Scale: 34 inches

Hardware colour: black

Truss rod: one, single action, 100% functional

Finish: natural wax

Country of origin: France

Serial number: 7521-P

Year: 1994 (first generation)

Weight: 2.680 kg ! Yes 2.680 kilos !

Action : from 1.75 mm under the G string to 2.25 mm under the E string at 12th position (can even go lower, but was perfect for me as it's designed like an acoustic instrument, so higher is even better)

Will be delivered in the used original Leduc gigbag.

Non-smoking environment as usual.

The bass has been fully set up professionally by Christophe LEDUC himself.

It is now fitted with a brand new set of Elixir 14077 Nanoweb nickel plated strings (45 - 65 - 85 - 105), which really serve this bass and will also come with the set of Thomastik JF344 (043 - 056 - 070 - 100) that you see on the pictures for a different tone and feel.

What you see is what you get !

Look carefully at the photos taken from different angles and lights to see the real condition, which is very good with some marks, a few light dings and scratches.

Here is the link to the 15 photos in high resolution: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1bnKxlYTYgwRRH5br9WKqZrnoNNrOLUa_?usp=sharing

Due to severe back problems (67% officially disabled because of it) plus right shoulder injury (non-operable capsulitis from which, after more than 4 years, I will never fully recover), I'm selling all my basses over 4 kilos and also the ones I'm not really using like this one (here because I also own a brand new Leduc U-Basse 6 fretless made to measure) as well as some stuff I don't use. I've also considerably lowered the price for a quick sale.

Don't hesitate to ask for more.

Edited by Hellzero
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, floFC said:

I also followed the links you provided, and from there found this link to the patent:

https://worldwide.espacenet.com/publicationDetails/biblio?KC=A&date=19940823&NR=5339718A&DB=EPODOC&locale=fr_EP&CC=US&FT=D

Which was already in my ad, thanks. See the fifth paragraph. ;)

• Like 1

• Hellzero changed the title to !!! ON HOLD !!! Leduc U-Basse 4 Fretless (UMM4 SF)
  • Hellzero changed the title to !!! SOLD !!! Leduc U-Basse 4 Fretless (UMM4 SF)