Why become a member? ×

The Creamery Pickups

soulstar89

Hey Peeps. 

So while entering the rabbit hole of finding some pickups, I found myself coming across the creamery pickups. 

Dotted around the net I’ve only read glowing reviews. 

headly any footage or sample of how they sound. I only found one of the 58p. I’m interested in people’s experience of the “solo” , “65p” and “74p” 

I feel Will help the community for reference when deciding on what pickups they want. 

Here is the 58p footage:

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/11/2023 at 10:29, Jono Bolton said:

I've got the Classic '58 in my bitsa P and the Classic '65 in my JV Precision. They're really good pickups, though I'm not the best at articulating what pickups sound like. I prefer the 65, it's a bit hotter to my ear.

Hey. I didn’t realise you posted here 🙈. How was the waiting time on the pickups? It’s states month. 

I got a 74P pick up earlier this year. I already had a Fender Pure Vintage 63 (which I really rate) in my Jaguar SS, but I was looking for something with a slightly tighter low end. After coming across Creamery on the interweb I took a punt on the 74P. Delivery took a few weeks but the wait was totally worth it. The pick up is exactly what I was looking for and now lives in the Jaguar. 

1 hour ago, ratman said:

I got a 74P pick up earlier this year. I already had a Fender Pure Vintage 63 (which I really rate) in my Jaguar SS, but I was looking for something with a slightly tighter low end. After coming across Creamery on the interweb I took a punt on the 74P. Delivery took a few weeks but the wait was totally worth it. The pick up is exactly what I was looking for and now lives in the Jaguar. 

Cheers for the response. I may drop him a email. 

on his website he states the 74p is lower output but more articulate and tighter. Do you notice it lower output compared to the fender you have 

I did some before & after clips so I could better judge the difference. If there's a difference it's maybe 1.5 to 2Db to my ears. But that could be the low end on the Fender making it seem louder. And of course, the clips were recorded an hour apart. I'm confident that my playing dynamics are pretty consistent but that could also affect volume here. Regardless of the variables you can hear the tonal difference is subtle.

There are 8 seconds of silence at the start of the Fender clip, 5 at the start of the Creamery, I have no idea why I did that. Left side clip is Fender. Right side clip is Creamery.

Edited by ratman

2 hours ago, ratman said:

I did some before & after clips so I could better judge the difference. If there's a difference it's maybe 1.5 to 2Db to my ears. But that could be the low end on the Fender making it seem louder. And of course, the clips were recorded an hour apart. I'm confident that my playing dynamics are pretty consistent but that could also affect volume here. Regardless of the variables you can hear the tonal difference is subtle.

There are 8 seconds of silence at the start of the Fender clip, 5 at the start of the Creamery, I have no idea why I did that. Left side clip is Fender. Right side clip is Creamery.

Thanks so much for this. When I get in I’ll listen with some good speakers and headphones. 

6 hours ago, ratman said:

Just listened to clips. Definitely an output difference. Also like you said the fender pickups have a boomier bass. Would be interesting if when the volume is raised how the difference is. 

I recently bought a jap 70’s yamaha pulser p bass. It’s pickup output is 9k when I play my other p bass I notice a big difference and have to turn the volume down.