Why become a member? ×

A 3d printed six string....

rwillett

That Voroni generator isn't that easy to use, it puts sketches at a higher level in the component tree and some of the areas just didn't work.

However I have managed to get something out, it does look really nice and organic. This might for the basis for a Jazz body with a nice Fender Jazz neck I've got. This bass won't be headless as I can't cut the head off a Fender, well I can but I won't.

image.thumb.png.38c6efb983709f136c59ccff8be1a5ef.png

image.png.28d13dbefc8744e9a4a880a7aabdad6b.png

Edited by rwillett

On 31/01/2024 at 10:25, rwillett said:

That Voroni generator isn't that easy to use, it puts sketches at a higher level in the component tree and some of the areas just didn't work.

However I have managed to get something out, it does look really nice and organic. This might for the basis for a Jazz body with a nice Fender Jazz neck I've got. This bass won't be headless as I can't cut the head off a Fender, well I can but I won't.

image.thumb.png.38c6efb983709f136c59ccff8be1a5ef.png

image.png.28d13dbefc8744e9a4a880a7aabdad6b.png

Have you considered filletting the edges... for comfort. Rounded edges usually print nicely too.

The edges will be filletted (or chamfered or something). It's just not been done in F360. The six string was and the rounded bits took on a different shine to the rest of the body.

Now if I do expoxy resin the body, this 'shine' will probably go away. At the moment, the focus is getting the guitar winder to work. Struggling with issues on stepper motors not working together for some reason.

Rob

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...