Why become a member? ×

Reduced again!(Video added )MoreTrade options added,Reduced! £400ono KSD 5 string Jazz bass for sale( offers considered)
£550
Reading

thestick

23 minutes ago, JottoSW1 said:

Got a lefty 605 J just like this, but an Audere preamp.  They are very good instruments . Hefty and very long @thestick did you find a gig bag or case that could accommodate one of these ?

GLWTS 

Hi yes I have a nice gigbag for this 👍

Audere preamp has the ridiculous z switch and with black nylon strings it's a bit of a monster. Would quite like to find a lefty 704 or 705 at some point. Ideally for the price I paid for this which is bodily battered.

Still have the original preamp. 

Are your pickups original or replacements, think 1 of mines weak and they're possibly both a bit ho hum.

Cheers 

John dV 

21 minutes ago, JottoSW1 said:

Audere preamp has the ridiculous z switch and with black nylon strings it's a bit of a monster. Would quite like to find a lefty 704 or 705 at some point. Ideally for the price I paid for this which is bodily battered.

Still have the original preamp. 

Are your pickups original or replacements, think 1 of mines weak and they're possibly both a bit ho hum.

Cheers 

John dV 

Pickups I believe  are original .

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/01/2024 at 16:55, Terry M. said:

Ok cool that makes sense. Sorry to harp on but for battery changes is the original battery box connected or is it now done under the actual preamp in the control cavity?

Hi mate. Any word on this please? Also according to the John East website the last knob is a passive tone control that's active passive switchable. Is your one definitely for the mids? 

30 minutes ago, thestick said:

Hi Yes the battery is under pre amp 

and yes active/passive switchable 

Thanks buddy. So is the last knob a mid switch as you've stated previously or a tone control that works in both active and passive modes? The John East website claims it's the latter 👍