Why become a member? ×

Faulty Tech 21 Geddy Lee YYZ pedal

markbunney

I have just purchased a used Tech 21 YYZ Geddy Lee off eBay but it only seems to work with a battery and not the mains.

I am using the official Tech 21 DC9 mains plug that I have from another Tech 21 unit, so I know the power supply is fine.

I love the pedal, and got it for a good price but I am reluctant to keep it if it can only be used with batteries.

Does anyone have any suggestions before I have to return it as faulty???

It's most likely a burned out component due to an over voltage situation. It can be fixed but then the good deal on Ebay isn't such a good deal. My suggestion is to return it to the seller for a refund. If the OP wants to contact us we can tell them what component to replace. It involves removing the circuit board. Support

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Tech21NYC said:

It's most likely a burned out component due to an over voltage situation. It can be fixed but then the good deal on Ebay isn't such a good deal. My suggestion is to return it to the seller for a refund. If the OP wants to contact us we can tell them what component to replace. It involves removing the circuit board. Support

Thanks, I will do that.

It was described as brand new, and only opened to test that it worked! He must have only used a battery to test it!

Ill keep my eye out for a new one with a warranty