Why become a member? ×

Digital PA speaker repair

Angelus

1 hour ago, Angelus said:

Had a good look, even got my magnifying glass out, but can’t see anything. 🙄 Looks like it’s going to end up a passive speaker? 🤷‍♂️

Sorry for the delay, I don't recognise that PSU. I am happy to have a look at it if you want to send it. Although the PSUs seem to be more reliable than the power amps.

25 minutes ago, Chienmortbb said:

Sorry for the delay, I don't recognise that PSU. I am happy to have a look at it if you want to send it. Although the PSUs seem to be more reliable than the power amps.

There is a 15” one for sale as spares or repairs on eBay, which powers up, but has another intermittent fault. Wondering if it’s the same PSU?

51 minutes ago, Angelus said:

There is a 15” one for sale as spares or repairs on eBay, which powers up, but has another intermittent fault. Wondering if it’s the same PSU?

Almost certainly, although they claim 1400 watts for the 15 as opposed to 1200 for the 12. Probably just marketing BS anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Good grief, if you don’t know what you’re doing, leave it alone!!!

The 115 refers to the line voltage configuration of the SMPS, not the speaker model. 

To the comment about SMPS being too noisy for audio applications, look around at the highest quality audio applications and you will see SMPS. Limited experience results in limited knowledge.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hacksawbob said:

Still learning and trying to help. Thanks for your input. Do you think 115 refers to the 110v mains input? Back in the thread it was suggested to get a board from a 115 model and swap it in as there was one on ebay.

No, it’s part of the 115V/230V configuration circuitry. Hook the 115V version up to 230V and the power supply will fail spectacularly. 

There may be other differences in addition to the jumper(s), so be aware of this before making any assumptions.

• Like 1