Why become a member? ×

Hi from Leeds

cdog

Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself.

I started playing bass in '93 so I could be in a rock band with my friends and played in a few bands plus school shows through sixth form, but then stopped playing in bands for a long time. I learned guitar and harmonica, did lots of busking and jamming, mostly on guitar, with aim of being able to jam with anyone. 

The last few years I've been in a Christmas band with mates playing to friends, and I just joined a band at the beginning of the year back on bass. 

I'd forgotten how fun it is to play bass with a drummer. We are kind of hip hop folk not quite rock, it's hard to describe. We are just a three piece and we are keen to have bass as a fairly prominent part of the sound. After our first gig people said it was a bit rage, a bit chilli peppers, so I'll take that! 

I've got my old vintage Warwick thumb bass rip off from the 90s, and a squire pj with flats, and recently got a sire v7 five string which is totally sick, though quite heavy. I have been playing through my boss me50 which has some great sounds for bass even though it's a guitar FX really, and I'm quite keen to meas around with more FX, while not having a huge budget...

IMG_20230926_172813171.jpg