Why become a member? ×

£1 GBP to a good house: EAST UK P-retro 01; complete with original chrome knobs, charger and user manual; new battery fitted by previous owner; fully working! - *SOLD*
£111
Etalle, South Belgium

£1 GBP to a good house: EAST UK P-retro 01; complete with original chrome knobs, charger and user manual; new battery fitted by previous owner; fully working!

NO TRADES!

NON NEGOTIABLE PRICE !

Asking price including shipping fully insured with tracking number to your place in these European countries (ask for other countries) : Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France (excluding French overseas departments and territories), Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Monaco, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden : £1 GBP to a good house!!!

Shipping to United Kingdom is, of course, possible, but with an extra customs fee (VAT + other taxes + courier fee), because U.K. is now outside EEC.

In perfect working condition.

Here is the description from John East website: https://www.east-uk.com/product/p-retro/?v=d3dcf429c679

The P-Retro is simple but flexible active/passive bass preamp equaliser which offers huge tonal variation to one of the most popular styles of bass of all time, without the need to permanently modify the instrument itself. P-Retro features two stacked knobs each with a pull switch, class A FET input stage and a high quality relay for pure passive bypass. Power is provided by an internal rechargeable battery.

The normal volume control becomes the Volume/Tone Stack and works in exactly the same way as the P style bass original controls, passing the passive signal directly to the jack. When the volume control is pulled up, the active circuit is switched in, post passive tone control, and adds 2.5dB of gain with a flat response. Additionally, the upper knob allows either a mid boost, or a combined bass/treble boost. The lower knob sets the variable frequency points for either mode.

Summary of features for the P-Retro:

Two Stacked knobs, both with Pull Switches.

Original pure P style bass controls fully retained via passive path, using a high quality relay bypass.

Class A FET input stage.

Flat response active setting.

Variable frequency mid boost mode.

Variable frequency combined bass/treble boost mode.

Deep boost switch with four frequencies, set via internal switches.

Deep boost level set via internal preset trimmer.

Rechargeable internal Li-Pol Battery, giving up to 40 hours use per charge.

Battery charging is achieved using an AC/DC Adaptor, which plugs into the jack.

Auto passive bypass if the system runs low on power.

Easy to fit using screw terminals, with no solder connections to the P-Retro.

Instrument can be returned to stock condition since there are no physical modifications to the guitar

P-Retro Active circuit board approximate dimensions: L50.0 X W27.0 D15.0 mm (2.0″ X 1.07″ X 0.6″)

P-Retro Volume/Tone & Li-Pol battery approximate dimensions: L50.0 X H29.0 X D19.0 mm (1.6″ X 1.15″ X 0.75″)

Non-smoking environment as usual.

What you see is what you get !

Look carefully at the photos taken from different angles and lights to see the real condition.

Due to severe back problems (67% officially disabled because of it) plus right shoulder injury (non-operable capsulitis from which, after more than 4 years, I will never fully recover), I'm selling all my basses over 4 kilos and also the ones I'm not really using as well as some stuff I don't use. I've also considerably lowered the price for a quick sale, but it's a very rare preamp out of production.

Don't hesitate to ask for more.

EastUKP-Retro01(1).thumb.jpg.961f7b385f5235fed930781d4a276c0b.jpg

EastUKP-Retro01(2).thumb.jpg.bebb12fbaafb3ce71fb94f71386e7b60.jpg

EastUKP-Retro01(3).thumb.jpg.b1faa4e573c3e88dac1e3736005133da.jpg

Edited by Hellzero
£1 GBP to a good house

• Hellzero changed the title to £1 GBP to a good house: EAST UK P-retro 01; complete with original chrome knobs, charger and user manual; new battery fitted by previous owner; fully working! SOLD