Why become a member? ×

Reducing down to £1000 for a straight sale. 

Hey, been a while since I done a sale/trade. 

So this may be long shot but would love to trade my USA Sterling for a MM Stingray. Reason being I much prefer the thicker neck profile of the Stingray (I regret selling my old stingray so would love one back in the collection!)

Sounds similar to the Stingray of course but with a bit more bite in the mids which I think is due to the ceramic pickup - also some extra flexibility with the coil tapping.  I think a trick up the Sterlings' sleeve is engaging the single coil mode; sounding a bit like a bridge pickup jazz with a Musicman tonal vibe. This I love about the Sterling, but I just can't get on with the thinner neck. 

bit hard to value this as there are so few around. I am prepared to add cash your way for a trade. 

Some minor scuffs, and some buckle rash from the previous owner. 

- Had a set up, jack fix, and some internal wiring looked at last year at http://sglguitars.mysite.com

- Newish light gauge slinkies fitted still pretty fresh.

- Brand new official bridge saddles fitted recently curtesy of ahpook (what a guy!!) (the old ones seized) 

- truss rod all good.

Any questions, or more photos or anything give me a shout! may be open to other trades. just in person dealing at the moment. willing to travel bit. can come over and take a look, I have a small PJB amp. 

Cheers

Robert. 

IMG_6642.jpeg

IMG_6655.jpeg

IMG_6657.jpeg

IMG_6658.jpeg

IMG_6659.jpeg

IMG_6660.jpeg

IMG_6661.jpeg

IMG_6662.jpeg

IMG_6663.jpeg

IMG_6665.jpeg

IMG_6666.jpeg

IMG_6667.jpeg

Screenshot 2023-09-24 at 18.42.14.png

Edited by Robert Manning
Lowering price
  • Like 12

• Robert Manning changed the title to Reduced: £1000 MUSICMAN Sterling USA Carbon Blue Pearl 2005 FS/FT for Stingray

Hey man 

so I can’t say for sure the accuracy of weight but weighing myself and the bass i was getting a difference of 4.4kg but that’s using digital scales and the reading was moving around quite a bit so take that with a pinch of salt. I’m seeing if anyone near me has some decent scales so I can confirm the actual weight. 
it’s lighter than my USA jazz, but heavier than my USA P. I think anyway. 

I’ll get the measurements of the neck when I get home from work tonight :) cheers