Why become a member? ×

Epiphone Thunderbird Classic IV Pro, alpine white, £400 on hold - *SOLD*
£400
Benfleet, Essex

Paul S

Starting a cull of my 4 string basses and moving to short scale, this first fret on this one seems a long way away so it is the first to go.

Not much to say - perfect rock and roll poser bass, especially in white IMO.  Even an old, thick-waisted git like me can dream of being a rock God wearing this.  I've had this a couple of years without knowing how old it is and, checking the serial number just now, was surprised - nay, shocked - to discover it was made (in Indonesia) in August 2012.  That makes it 13 11 years old and there isn't a single blemish on it.  Not one, even with my specs on.  The finish around the cover plate on the back isn't the best but That Is It.  Not even on the top of the headstock.  I'm reluctant to say 10/10 as I am sure an electron microscope would highlight a small blemish.  These can vary in weight and this is a particularly light one - 3.7kg/8.14lbs on my luggage scales.  Super skinny neck, 38mm nut width.  Through neck on this model and Gibson TB + humbucker pickups.  At some point someone has changed the tuners to Wilkinson ones and they work very well.I had a Gibson TB, sold it, missed it, bought this and can say, hand on heart, this is a better bass.  Balances better (no neck dive on this one!) and the bridge is better fitted and finished than my Gibson one was.  Comes with the hardcase which has a few small scuffs that would probably polish out.  I also have a Thomann soft case.

If you fancy being Pete Way for the day, save yerself a grand on a Gibson with this!

£400 firm - for a bass in this nick it is a steal.  Collection only from SS7 in SE Essex or meet half way.  Could possibly deliver for cost of fuel within 100 miles.  No courier so please don't ask.

Here come the specs below. :) 

Features

Gibson TB Plus humbuckers

Historic 60's era Thunderbird profile

Classic 3-point adjustable bridge

Specifications

Body: mahogany body wings

Neck: 7-ply mahogany/walnut

Neck Profile: 1960s rounded bass profile

Neck joint: through-neck

Fingerboard: rosewood with pearloid dot inlays

Fingerboard Radius: 12"

Frets: 20-medium jumbo, nickel/silver alloy

Scale Length: 34"

Nut Width: 1.50"

Neck Pickup: Gibson TB Plus humbuckers

Bridge Pickup: Gibson TB Plus humbuckers

Bridge: classic style 3-point adjustable Flush-Mount, fully adjustable

Controls: -neck volume, -bridge volume, -master tone

Tuners: black die-cast 17:1 ratio

Hardware: black

Control knobs: black TopHats with chrome metal inserts

Optional: hard case with black vinyl exterior, gray plush interior and chrome hardware

Color: Alpine White 

Now here come the pics

IMG_20230924_150144.jpg

IMG_20230924_150201.jpg

IMG_20230924_150242.jpg

IMG_20230924_150255.jpg

IMG_20230924_150050.jpg

Edited by Paul S
maths!
  • Like 10

I don't want the responsibility of sending this via courier but I do have a XL box in the loft.  If you arranged your own courier and took responsibility for it I would pack it up carefully.  Just a thought.

• Paul S changed the title to Epiphone Thunderbird Classic IV Pro, alpine white, £400 SOLD