Why become a member? ×

Trade - my guitar for your bass- WITHDRAWN

Right my circumstances have changed again - had my eye on a lovely Strat, but I have been asked to join another band, back on bass and I need to get my hands on a bass fairly soon.

Up for trade is my Epiphone 335 dot. It's a 2005 model, made in the Peerless factory in Korea (them who make the jazzboxes of the same name and, if you believe the rumours, Benedettos as well) and is a much better guitar than their Chinese equivalents. I bought it new in 05 and was sent a Chinese made one. Out of the box, the top had a load of blems and all the knobs fell off :) :rolleyes:, so it was sent back and I requested a Korean one. The fit and finish of the Peerless stuff is superb and actually as good, if not better, than any of the Gibsons I've had - I guess you're paying for the woods with USA Gibsons anyway. I digress - last year I bought a set of pickups for my Les Paul and had the pickups from the LP transplanted into the Epi, which now has a Gibson Burstbucker #1 in the neck position and a Rio Grande Genuine Texas humbucker at the bridge position. I recently looked at the price of Burstbuckers in case I wanted to swap out the RG for a Burstbucker #2 or return the LP to stock - they're somewhere in the region of £120 and the Rio Grandes are about £95. I also had the pots, wiring and switch replaced for better quality items and had the guitar set up at the same time, all by the Guitar Workshop in Ibstock, Leics. The guitar is also in a fitted Gator case and comes with the original, chrome covered Epiphone AlNiCo pickups.

Cash - I reckon £420 which I think is reflective of the second hand value of the guitar, pickups and the cost involved to make the changes - I think if you actually went and paid full price for this brand new from the shop, you would be looking at somewhere in the region of £800, which is a crazy price - anyway. It truly is a lovely guitar to play and sounds great thanks to the upgrade and of course comes cased and with the original pickups.

Trade value around £450 and I would like a bass - I pretty much have my heart set on a Fender - at least a Highway 1 and either a Precision (1st choice) or a Jazz - I would definitely consider Jap, but my experiences with MiM stuff haven't been the best and I spent a load on a MiM Jazz trying to put it right for me before I decided it wasn't (the guy who ultimately bought it thought it was great, but there we go). But, if you have something different, please let me know as I may consider it. The band I will be playing in are indie rock and so I don't want anything too metal or too hi fi.
I don't have a lot of (or any) money to add to a deal - I do have a Keeley SD-1, a Boss BCB-3 pedal board and an Epiphone Valve Junior head, which I reckon must be worth an extra £170 - I would rather keep the Epi VJ, but I would consider chucking the lot in for the right bass.

If you're interested in the guitar as a trade for your bass, let me know - depending on what you're offering, I [i]may[/i] be cheeky and ask for a small cash adjustment - don't be offended, that's just me :lol:

Edited by john_the_bass

• 1 month later...

[quote name='john_the_bass' post='513240' date='Jun 14 2009, 12:16 PM']There may also be an opportunity for me to start playing bass again,[/quote]

I've talked to the lads and we've agreed that you can have a second chance, but you will have to go through the initiation ceremony to prove your dedication this time.

• 4 weeks later...