Why become a member? ×

Where to buy truss-rod nuts various sizes (metric)

Paolo85

Hi all, as per the title, do you know where to buy high-quality truss rod nuts of various sizes?

I have this Ibanez SRF700 with a not-yet stripped but fairly rounded nut. I'd like to replace it before it's too late. But the setup right now is ok and before taking it off (assuming it just comes off) I need to be sure I can find a suitable replacement (likely metric for Ibanez it seems)

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there, that's very kind many thanks! However, it turned out the truss rod is double action so I cannot get the nut off. Also, fortunately, it turned out thay my local tech says the nut is not rounded really, is fine, the allen key's wiggle is within acceptable and possibly it's the allen key I have at home that is a bit worn. False alarm!

One annoyance is the fact that double action truss rods are still being made with brass nuts.  Why?  If someone ruins the soft metal nut, then, basically, your whole guitar/bass neck is a total loss.  This happened to me with a Peavey I had.  Nut was well mangled when I got it.  I didn't know it was a 2-way.  Modern truss rod nuts need to be made from hard metal since they are non-replaceable.

Edited by geoffbyrne
  • Like 1