Why become a member? ×

Sadowsky Preamp pedal

PapillonIrl

Hi all,

From the Sadowsky website:

[quote]We offer an AC adaptor for 120V. This is the only adaptor we can guarantee will work without producing any unwanted hum with the Preamp/DI Pedal.[/quote]

Are people using this adapter with a voltage converter ? Any issues with hum at all ?

Cheers,

Nathan

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='480836' date='May 6 2009, 12:06 PM']I've never bothered with even looking into the ac adaptor as mine works perfectly well on battery power and the 9v seems to last forever.[/quote]

Thanks, good to know.

Are you running it into another preamp, or straight into a power amp or desk ?

Was wondering if the EQ was versatile enough for use with only a power amp.

Cheers,

Nathan

[quote name='PapillonIrl' post='480853' date='May 6 2009, 12:17 PM']...Was wondering if the EQ was versatile enough for use with only a power amp....[/quote]

Never tried it myself, but no reason why not, especially with the XLR D.I. out...
One would probably need to put it on the amp to have the Volume, Bass & Treble controls easily adjustable though.

[quote name='jonthebass' post='480866' date='May 6 2009, 12:23 PM']Never tried it myself, but no reason why not, especially with the XLR D.I. out...
One would probably need to put it on the amp to have the Volume, Bass & Treble controls easily adjustable though.[/quote]

Cheers, thinking of replacing my WT550 with a preamp and a QSC Poweramp.

Why Eden chose to cripple a nice amp with a really dodgy compressor/enhance circuit (with a bypass that's prone to failure) I don't know...but that's another thread.

Nathan

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='481119' date='May 6 2009, 04:23 PM']Yes, it's usually plugged straight into the amp. Only gives that special boost to passive basses, though. Active basses just sound too overboosted through the Sadowsky.[/quote]
+1

although it does tend to warm just about any bass. With just the bass knob at 9 or 10 o'clock a stingray really livens up