Why become a member? ×

Warwick Gnome Cabs

redbandit599

5 hours ago, Downunderwonder said:

Elf 2x8 is expensive because it uses premium Faital drivers. Don't expect cheaper alternatives to perform the same.

Yep, I get that.

In my case we are gigging mostly now with subs, so backline doesn't have to be 'premium' - I have some awesome Bergantino cabs already, they tend to overpower the PA in smaller venues, so weirdly I'm thinking  about something less capable.

Edited by redbandit599

I have a Warwick 1x10 plus horn, which I use in rehearsals coupled to a TCE BAM200. I like the sound and that I can adjust the volume of the horn. It's small and light. It doesn't have the punch of the TE 1x10 cab (I have two) which I use for gigs but it has plenty of volume and I never have to use the BAM200 anywhere near full volume. Be aware that the Speakon sockets and the horn volume control are on top of the cab in a recess, which makes stacking them problematical and may get in the way of larger amp heads. It's not a problem with the little TCE. 

Edit: It's the 1x10 8ohm version that I have.

Edited by Franticsmurf
  • Like 1