Why become a member? ×

Reduced to £675: Traynor YBA300 all valve 300 watt bass head and flight case - *SOLD*
£750
St Agnes, Cornwall

Traynor YBA300 valve head running 12 6L6s for that unmatched all valve feel. This was the dream head for me but I just don't use it enough and need the cash. The amp has performed perfectly since I've had it - i've used it four or five times at larger outdoor shows but it has to go sadly. Has the super cool bias management system on the back where you set the bias for pairs of valves meaning that if one fails, the amp shuts down that pair, you continue playing and then only have to replace that pair. All valve pairs are biased pretty cool so there are no lights at idle and it runs super quiet. Only issue I can find is that the active jack input feels slightly less positive than the passive but the jack plug still engages and transfers signal - just doesn't click like the passive one. 

When playing, you really get the feeling that this amp is only just ticking over and has crazy amounts of power in reserve. As for sounds, this amp is just so warm and feels amazing behind you. It doesn't sound like an Ampeg which is more fluffy and attenuated - this thing just has tons of clean headroom and clarity. You can dial in little grind with a passive bass by cranking the gain but I preferred to run the master on full and then tickle the gain knob to get to the stage volume I needed. That way you get this thick wall of clear bass tone. It's pretty epic and probably one of the only YBA300s in the country, certainly the only one for sale.

No logo I'm afraid but it looks super mean as it is. I emailed Traynor to ask them to send me a replacement but after agreeing to, it never materialised and I moved on. The amp has seen some action with some marks to the tolex and grill but nothing other than honest wear from touring. I can supply additional pics if necessary.

It comes with a heavy-duty full flightcase that was made for a slightly longer head but it fits well in terms of height and depth and I just plug the gap with a small piece of foam and it doesn't move around (see pic). The amp is surprisingly light for a high power valve head at 23 kg and is fine to move around even in the flightcase.  

Open to all possibilities for collection, meeting up in the South West or shipping with or without the flightcase. I can pack the valves separately and put them inside the cabinet. This amp is incredibly robust. Contact me for a quote.

IMG_4644.JPG

IMG_4814.JPG

IMG_5241.JPG

IMG_5240.JPG

IMG_5239.JPG

IMG_5238.JPG

IMG_5237.JPG

FBT 1.png

FBT 2.png

FBT 3.png

IMG_0272.jpg

IMG_0274.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

IMG_0276.jpg

IMG_0277.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg

Edited by simonroberts788
sold
  • Like 7

38 minutes ago, Skybone said:

Twelve 6L6's.

Twelve 6L6's?

Twelve 6L6's!

Cool huh and the same as the Mesa Boogie 400+. The Ampeg SVT and Fender Super Bassman use the larger 6550s which are roughly twice as powerful hence only needing the 6. But those amps are significantly heavier because of the larger transformers needed to power the 6550s.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Downunderwonder said:

Pedant alert. I think you'll find they are 6L6GC in there. 12 6L6 wouldn't make a dent in a wet paper bag.

Indeed. Of course when I refer to 6L6 I'm referring to the GC variety that you'll find in almost all guitar/bass applications.

• simonroberts788 changed the title to Reduced to £675: Traynor YBA300 all valve 300 watt bass head and flight case
  • simonroberts788 changed the title to SOLD: Traynor YBA300 all valve 300 watt bass head and flight case