Why become a member? ×

Position Filled - Bassist wanted for Herts Soul band

StephenYork

Hi all,

Established Hertfordshire based 8-piece soul band are looking for a keen and experienced player to take over on bass duties towards the end of the year. 

Covering a wide range of northern soul, stax and RnB music.

Paid gigs booked into 2025 already with more dates being added. 

Contact me on here for more details.

Edit - Thanks all who got in touch, position is now filled. 

Edited by StephenYork
Update

• 3 weeks later...

Hi just Noticed your ad,I’m Paul I play in a rock covers band and have been trying to get out of the rock scene for ages as although I’m a bit of a metal head I enjoy playing funk,soul,disco stuff more hence a friend of mine and myself started up a band doing all this sort of stuff but the usual story The bloody singers let us down Ie no mic,no stage presence have the words in front of them which ok can get away with it but they haven’t learnt the song,say no more on that 

I use mainly status and Yamaha Basses,Trace Elliot ,Galien Kruger or GR bass cabs/Heads,come with BVs and don’t mind getting the beers in,im semi retired so I can do as I please

my number is 07957881997

Paul

I am an experienced bass player who lives in Enfield but am happy to gig in North and Central London and Herfordshire. My preferred style of music is Funk, Soul, Motown and Jazz and have played in a number of bands of those genres. My basses include: 

Overwater 5 string electric

Sandberg 5 string electric

Fender P Bass (1978)

Yamaha Double bass. 

I am passionate about music, have my own gear and transport (VW transporter van). I am available for gigs most Thursdays to Saturdays evenings.

I have been involved in a funk and soul band for a number of years now (Head Funk) which has been great fun but as the primary gig finder, its appeal has lessened and I'm looking for a different project, certainly where the gig finding is shared! (I also do the occasional local jazz jam with a keyboard player and drummer).

Happy to send recordings and videos of me playing.

Andy

Edited by AndyG Bass

• StephenYork changed the title to Position Filled - Bassist wanted for Herts Soul band